Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stupid Lady of the Year Award goes to.......

ME!!!!! At least I feel pretty stupid! And the story goes something like this...
I was out running errands and the baby fell asleep in her car seat. So I had this brilliant idea to get my filthy dirty car washed since I had a free token. I drove to the car wash and got in the super long line to wait my turn. I called my Mom for something to do while waiting. When I got to the machine I wasn't really paying attention and I put in my free credit, forgetting to select which car wash I wanted. So the car ahead of me pulls out and I'm waiting for the "Pull Ahead" light to go on. Well, it never did. So I go ahead and pull in anyway. Picture 10 cars waiting in line behind me (That is no exaggeration). The car wash doesn't go on. So I try backing up. Nothing. Back up again, pull forward. I thought maybe my car wasn't on the thingy that the front wheel goes in, so I try going off to the side. Now I'm WAY off the wheel thingy. The car behind me starts honking and yelling for me to pull out. I tried telling him that I didn't get my car washed. All the other cars start honking and I now can't get my car over the wheel insert thing to pull out. Soon the nice old man from inside comes out to see what the problem is. He had to help me back up to get around it and out of the car wash. I cried" but I didn't get my car wash!" So he explained to me like I am a little child what I did wrong and that I'm going to have to wait in line again and he will help me through this time around. So I got back in line to wait another 1/2 hour and he stands by my car the whole time. When I got up to the machine again he gives me 6 dollars (score! My credit was for the 4 buck wash) and shows me which button to push and then proceeds to stand by my car and guide me in so I got my wheel in the right place. Can I just tell you I don't think that I have ever felt more stupid in my life time. Bless this man for taking me under his wing and showing me the ropes of the automatic car wash, but next time I should maybe not talk on the phone and actually READ the instructions as to avoid this kind of humiliation again.

2 comments:

Lisa R said...

Alright you had me rolling on the floor laughing with that one! Man Keri that was funny! I know it wasn't at the time but it was reading it! And don't worry I've done things just as stupid..I'll try and think of one to post...

Love ya!

Kailey said...

Hee Hee... I try to avoid the car wash. Nate whines about it, but bad things happen every time I try to do it myself.