Friday, December 5, 2008

Putting up the good ol' tree

I'm a little late getting these pictures out. Both of my cameras died and I had to get around to charging the batteries.
So we put up our Christmas tree last week. Can I just say that I LOVE my fake Christmas tree. I know that some people think that Christmas isn't Christmas without a real tree, but I just don't see the reason to chop down a tree, pay an absurd amount for it, spend hours lighting and decorating it, try your darnedest to keep it alive for a month and then toss it. I just don't have it in me.

I skipped out on my usual tradition of going to the festival of trees with my mother and sister-in laws this year. I don't think my neck and shoulder could have handled walking down those endless rows with my head stuck in that one position. I heard that there were some interesting ideas though.

I need to get the rest of the decorations out quick. Christmas will be here before we know it and I better get the house all decked out this year since next year we will have a very mobile little elf roaming around breaking decorations.

1 comment:

Karissa said...

Keri,
Your tree looks very cute as usual :) We got our tree in the stand today and then baby got demanding and wanted our attention so that is where it ended. But its up. We will have to come over and visit soon.