Monday, December 15, 2008

Still Kickin..

We've had a busy last couple of weeks. I'm glad to say that we are over our colds. After Madison got it she passed it on to me. Jeff luckily avoided it somehow.
So it's less then two weeks until Christmas. Didn't Halloween just get over a couple days ago? Is it just me or does time go so much faster than it did when we were kids?
Some of you may have heard, but we will be adding to our household in March. And NO we are not having another baby. My sister Lyndsey will be moving in with us for a while. She will be coming home from Iraq the beginning of March and we are going to finish a room in our basement for her. She's not quite sure where life is taking her yet, so she is going to start School and figure things out from there. I hope we don't drive her too crazy.

Madison is growing up so fast. It's unbelievable the things they learn. She is 7 months old now and she will wave, give kisses and play peekaboo. It's funny, she is always pulling a blanket or her burp rags over her face then holds completely still for us to notice her. We have to ask "Where's Maddie" and she pulls it off her face like "Here I am!" It's adorable.
She is getting VERY hard to handle in church. She is such a squirmer. She can't hold still for a second.

Jeff is out of School until next month then he has only one semester to go! We are extremely excited for him to be done with it. The crappy part is that his degree is in Construction Management and the construction industry is not exactly booming right now. Hopefully he will be able to find a job though.

Well, If I don't write before Christmas again, have a Merry one! Here are some photos of our little photo shoot yesterday before church.

3 comments:

Em said...

soooooooo adorable. i LOVED that little dress. she looked like a little pixie. if maddie is the same as brennan, church just got easier for once! good thing we're changing time schedules in a few weeks;-) riiiiiiight. anyway, it seems like he is getting better without naps at church...for now. i noticed it around 8 months, so maybe you will too:-)

Kailey said...

There was like a four year time period in my life when I wondered if going to church was worth it. I still went, but got little out of it sitting in the nursing room with three small kids.
It gets a little harder and then it gets a lot better. Just hope Jeffy doesn't get called to the Bishopric any time soon ;-)

The Gist Family said...

Sometimes it seems like things are getting easier as the kids get bigger, at least I don't have to literally hold them anymore. I remember taking E.J. and Shelby to church by myself before Eddie was baptized and I literally left in tears every week.

I had such a proud mom moment last month when the stake president visited our ward for Fast and Testimony meeting. I was really enjoying the meeting when I suddenly notice President Riddle staring at my teenagers. I turn around and they are literally stuffing their faces with Halloween candy. They weren't even trying to be sneaky.

So I am not sure if it gets better, exactly, but it definitely gets different. Enjoy it while you can, though. Sooner or later she will be a teenager.

~Heather