Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Once in a lifetime..

I hope my sister doesn't mind, but I wanted to share this story with everyone because I thought it was SOOOO COOOL!
As you all know, Lyndsey is in the National Guard and is in Iraq. Here is a copy an email she wrote my parents...

"So here's a story for you... cause I know how much you love my stories.
Just like most of my stories start, I lost something; my badge to get in Division Headquarters and I was standing outside the security checkpoint waiting for them to issue me a temp badge so I could go in and look for it. In walks these five huge guys requesting to speak to the chief of staff because the Army messed up their flight and dropped them off at our command pad rather than the VBC pad and they were late for a meeting at the palace. It started, all the guys walking around going, "Oh, ask this guy" and "he said that we need to talk to this guy" and "Uhhh….he said he can't find him so maybe he will find out in a minute," When clearly it was that everyone in the damn place was just lazy and didn't want to make an effort.
So since I had a vehicle at my disposal I told them if they didn't mind squeezing into a truck I would give them a ride over there. They were all for it so I went and got the truck and they squeezed into the back, barely being able to shut the door. On our way their cell phones kept ringing and they couldn't answer them because they couldn't move. We were laughing and joking the whole 10 minute ride. When they got out of the car one of them asked me my name and then wrote it down. I looked at him concerned and he told me not to worry, I wasn't going to get into trouble. So not a big deal, I dropped them off and went home.

Yesterday my first sergeant receives a phone call from a Sgt. Major requesting me to be in his office at 1700. So to make a long story shorter, 7 hours later I am standing with President Bush, shaking his hand and getting my picture taken with him. Apparently the guys I took were members of the secret service and the> meeting they were late to was with Gen. Ordiarno concerning the> arrival of the President and event planning. Who woulda thought losing a badge and a ten minute car ride would get you a once in a life time opportunity to meet the President of the United States. I guess now I have a story to tell my Grandkids…." (The End)


How freakin cool is that! I know that he's not the most popular President, but he's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA all the same! I think it would be ten times cooler to meet the President then any other Celebrity.

6 comments:

Em said...

awesome

Lisa R said...

yeah Keri that is just the coolest story! Of course I loved hearing from you in person better! Did you get all the recipes I sent?

Karissa said...

That is cool, amazing story!

The Gist Family said...

I think that is such a cool story. I hope you don't mind, I found the link to your blog on Kim Price's and I am so excited to read yours.

Have a very merry Christmas!

~Heather

the larsons said...

So, I have to tell you. BJ almost died laughing when he heard this story! His response? "Only Lindsay!" He has had to repeat the story to like everyone he knows! Thanks for sharing the story and providing my husband (and anyone he happens to stand next to in the grocery store) endless entertainment!!

Buckeye Nut said...

That is sooooo cool! You'll have to see if she'll send you a copy of the pic. That would be so fun. My nephew just got to Iraq about 2 weeks ago. Hmmm, only 50 weeks left to go. But I'm not counting :) LOL