Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Homemade

Baby decor items are EXPENSIVE! I've been keeping my eye out for little sports items for the baby's room and can't believe how much things are. I found some really cute stuff at Hobby Lobby, but I'm just not willing to spend $20 + for one little picture to hang on the wall. So my sister-in-law took me by the hand and helped me get creative. I wanted 4 pictures for the places that I had Maddie's flower pictures when it was her room. Here is what we came up with.
I think they turned out great! I got the little wood decals from Joannes for under a buck each and then painted the wood boards, had my sister in law get me the lettering in Vinyl and there we have it. All this stuff cost me under 4 bucks! And it looks super cute all hung up!

When I had decorated the nursery with girl stuff, I had Maddie's name in wood letters hung on ribbon by Gerber daises above the crib. So I wanted something with the little guys name too. Roxanne came up with this idea and helped me get it all put together. I love it!!

We took flannel and cut out the little flags, cut out the letters in a color pattern glued them on and then we added the little wood baseball mits for each end.
It's not a great picture, because I had a hard time fitting it all in to the photo frame, but it's going to look so cute all hung up! I'm so excited! And by the way.... we finally came up with a name for the baby. We are going to name him Maxton Jeffrey. Jeff finally came through and got me a list of names and this is the name we both liked. It took me a little bit to get used to it, but it's really grown on me and I just feel like this is supposed to be his name. So now that it's glued on, I guess it's official!

Anyway, back to the decor... I'm super happy with what we've come up with. And all for under 12 buckaroos!!!
I also found a little sports themed mirror in the clearance section at babies-r-us and have a cute little sports diaper stacker. So I think I'm set. I'm going to forgo getting a new crib set, since I don't want to spend another $100+ on one, and I bought a gender neutral one when I was pregnant with Mads. So  unless I decide to make my own, It will look a little silly, but oh well.
A big thanks goes out to my sister-in-law, Roxanne, without whom I would have never been so creative!

3 comments:

Jess said...

those turned out super cute- way to go Keri!

I'll bet you're glad you've finally settled on a name- now all you need is the baby-in November. Love his name- you'll have a mads and a max!

Alex said...

Love Mad and Max... adorable! The sports stuff is super cute too!

the larsons said...

LOVE it!!! The stuff turned out so stinking cute!!