At my 30 week Dr. Appointment two weeks ago, I was measuring a few weeks to small. I'd been measuring pretty much right on track up to this point. My Dr told me not to worry, but that he wanted me to come in the next week for another ultrasound to make sure that baby is growing up well and good. So on Friday we went in for the ultrasound and baby boy was looking wonderful. It was so fun to see him bigger like he is now. He kept yawning and opening his mouth and poking his tongue out, and the boy was not being shy about his gender one single bit. The ultrasound tech also said that he's got a head full of hair and explained that that was what all the white stuff all over his head was. So maybe he'll be following in his big sisters footsteps with that head full of nearly black hair. Guess we will have to wait to see.
I had my 32 week appointment this morning and my Dr. went over the results of the ultrasound with me. It seems that our little guy is growing just perfectly, but that I'm running a little low on Amniotic fluid. So that means that next week I get to go in for yet another ultrasound to monitor it. He told me not to panic or worry about it, but that we need to keep a close eye on it, because sometimes at around this point in a pregnancy the placenta may just decide that it's done it's job and stop functioning. If that by chance is the case, that would mean that the baby is not getting any nutrients anymore and will grow no bigger. So in that case, the baby would need to come out early to be able to receive nutrients. Still with me??
Anyway, hopefully everything will work out, and that is NOT the case, because we sure don't want to have our little guy in the NIC-U for the first few weeks of his life. That would be no bueno.
I'll keep you updated on the results next week.
6 comments:
I do hope everything will work out! Let me know if you need anything.
What fun to see the little cutie so often! Hopefully nothing comes of any of this, and you can just enjoy the "window" into his world and contiue to count down the days until you meet him... full term of course!
Wow, thats a fun one! Take care of yourself and your baby for the next few weeks, I'll come see you soon.
Sheesh, good thing everyone is being calm:-) praying for healthy baby boy reading!!!
At least you get lots of pictures, right? Hopefully he'll keep growing, and you'll keep amniotic fluid-ing!
I hope everything works out ok for you and the little guy! We are thinking about you!
Post a Comment