On Friday night we loaded up the truck and trailer and the 4-wheeler and headed off to the mountains. I wanted to get one last camping trip in before the end of the summer, and before I am too uncomfortable to sleep anywhere else but my own bed. We had someone tell us of a nice place to camp up near Woodland with lots of trails for 4-wheeling, so we headed up there. It's only about 45 minutes from home, so we were able to make it up there and set up camp before it got too dark. Man, it was cold! I can't believe how much a couple weeks difference can make in the season.
I'm afraid that the sleeping away from my own bed part was already past due for me. In fact, not one of us got much sleep at all. I had Maddie sleeping on the dinette bed with me to keep her a little warmer. But it also meant that I got no sleep what-so-ever what with her kicking me, the baby kicking me and Mads middle of the night demands that I "Tick'o her arm". Not to mention the fact that my frequent freezing bathroom breaks all through the night made it hard to ever get back to sleep. Finally I made Mads go sleep with Daddy in the cold section, and was able to trade with him the sleepless hours.
There was not a whole lot for us to do the next day. Jeff took Mads for little rides on the 4 wheeler around our camp and went on a bunch of long rides himself, checking out what was around the area. It was the Elk bow hunt, so there were a lot of 4 wheelers in the area, so I didn't worry about him to much being out on the trails by himself, knowing that if something broke down, we'd be able to find help pretty easily. I had pretty much nothing to do, luckily I took a book, but it was hard to read with having to watch Maddie around our camp area. We had dinner that night and decided to head home and sleep comfortably instead of spending another night like the one before and getting up at first light to head home.
Even though it wasn't a really productive trip, it was still nice to escape for one last trip. We've decided that it's more fun to have more people while camping and that just maybe in the next couple years we may just have to get another 4-wheeler.
1 comment:
That's the hardest part- keeping the little ones entertained while camping, there's only so much to do with a lone 2 year old. Glad it was a good trip though
Post a Comment