So guess who's deciding that maybe, just maybe, she may want to be potty trained after all? I don't want to get to excited to soon, but I think that maybe she might have decided that she's ready.
If you don't want to read a bunch of poo poos and pee pees you may want to stop reading here. ;)
It's been a struggle with Mads with the whole #2 thing. The girl likes her privacy when doing it. For a while now she has taken to hiding behind something to do the deed, then coming and telling us (most of the time) after the fact. I have to really keep an eye on her, so that if I catch her with the "
poo face" I can rush her to the potty before it's too late.
(Demonstration of the poo face)
She gets distracted so easily. We were at Grandma Readings house the other day out in the front yard when I saw the look. I quickly grabbed her and made a mad dash for the bathroom. I got her on all situated on the toilet and stepped out to give her some privacy. Usually IF she can manage to get over the stage fright of sitting on the toilet, and she actually goes, she yells out "Mamma. LOOK!!!" We do the whole clapping and dancing and praising, if there is actually something there. Well, anyway... as I'm waiting for her our in the hall, I hear her grunting a little. So here I sit all proud that my kid is actually using the toilet and wait for the "Mamma Look!" to come. It didn't come. And soon I hear the toilet flush. Not good. I ran in there and pull her off to see if she did anything. She had. Ohh yes she had. Though not what I wanted her to put in there! She stuffed a whole box of kleenix in the toilet one by one. Hence the grunting. It was quite an effort turning around to pull them out one by one. The water was rapidly filling up and I sat there dumb founded until I finally got over it enough to call to Jeff to GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!!! He took care of the situation and now I've learned my lesson. Remove all paper or stuffable objects out of the bathroom if she's in there alone. Guess that should have been a no brainer anyway, right?
On Saturday night as we were packing up to leave from camping, something changed. She ran to me telling me that she had to go. I figured that she had already, but we ran for the bathroom anyway. She hadn't gone yet to my surprise. She went in the toilet and since then, she's told me every time she has to go and she DOES! I'm so proud of her!!! So, maybe one down one to go. We still need to get her to tell us when she has to go #1. All in good time though. She's growing up so fast, I just can't keep up with her!
3 comments:
That's a major win- I'm sure she'll figure it all out really soon. Just don't be surprised if she needs a refresher course when the baby comes.
I hope the pottly learning continues on this positive trend! If you want to pick my brain on cloth for the new babe ill be happy to share all i've learned! Once you get a wash routine figured out, its really quite easy! I like bumgenius for an all-in-one (goes on with velcro like a disposible) but also use fitteds ( i like goodmama and piddle poddles) because they come in adorable prints and patterns and are amazingly soft and squishy! You need a waterproof cover with fitteds though, i use thirsties duos... then also use the covers with some prefolds (green mountain diapers red and yellow edge are what i have)
3 cheers!!!
Post a Comment