The Dirty Dash
On Saturday morning, we headed up to Midway. Jeff and his buddies had signed up to do the Dirty Dash 10K run up there. I couldn't believe how many people were there. The Dirty Dash is a 10K run through the mountains, but also with obstacles throughout the course and also in mud a lot of the way. Almost more of a military training kind of thing. It actually sounded like a lot of fun to me, except the fact that you have to run over 6 miles. Yick!
Here is the race starting and the runners on the first obsicle. A big mud hill.Maddie was not a happy camper when Jeff left us. She was sobbing for the first 1/2 hour he was gone saying that she wanted to race with daddy. I finally took her back to the car to get her something to eat. We read some books and played until she was happy again. By then it was time to go back to the finish line and wait for the guys.
We made it just in time. I really had to look hard to recognize Jeff. They were all a complete mess! Jeff lost his sunglasses in a mud pit that they had to dive in to to get under an obstacle, but other than that, they all got through unscathed. I think that their time was just barely over an hour.
Maddie didn't quite know what to think about daddy being covered in mud. It was pretty funny.I'm so proud of Jeff for accomplishing this race. This was his first 10K. He rides his bike a lot, but he hasn't really been running much this year, so for him to do this race with all the obstacles is a huge accomplishment. Plus he had a blast doing it! He's been trying to talk me in to doing the 5K dirty dash next May. I don't know... I guess we'll see.
2 comments:
What a fun time at the circus. And the dirty dash- I don't think they were quite dirty enough, I think there was room for a little more dirt on his shirt.
That sounds fun to me. We should make it a family thing in May!
Post a Comment