Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Late night mischief

Last night Lyndsey's Jeep was broken into in our Drive way. The thief stole her back pack and trashed the inside of her Jeep.
This is disturbing to me. I'm really bothered by the fact that while I'm sleeping peacefully in my bed, someone is trespassing on our property and stealing things that don't belong to them.
What is wrong with some people?!!!!!! How do people live with themselves???
We call our house Fort Knox. We lock it even if we are in it. We lock it when we go next door. I like to feel safe. But now I feel violated. Even though it wasn't the house. It could have been.. and I feel violated.

6 comments:

Alison said...

scary! I am glad everyone is ok.

Em said...

uh YEAH. that TOTALLY freaks me out. any ideas????

Reading Family said...

Um...okay, kind of freaky! There is that one suspicous person down the street that we all know... But that is still too bad for Lyndsey!

Buckeye Nut said...

Wow, must have been the same person that came by our house. I worked Tues night and someone got into our van while I was gone. Del normally locks it up when he drives but our "first-time" driver forgot. (Not blaming him!, he's just not in the habit) Anyway, Del went to get into the van on Wed morning to go to work and someone had ransacked the inside. Nothing taken that I can find but everything was out of the glove box, seat pockets, ashtray and console. When the police officer came he said that he had caught someone who had been in a few other cars that night. Hope it's the same person that was in Lyndsey's!! I definitely agree with you about feeling violated!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - I'd feel absolutely violated and totally furious. We kind of take for granted stuff like this is going to happen, but you wonder who these people think they are to just bust up and take things they don't own and didn't earn. Seriously, the gall of it just blows my mind.

We were robbed when I was a kid. My mom had gone shopping and came home from that not thinking anything could be wrong - it was the middle of the day, school was in session right across the street from our house, lots of people were out and about, but...she walked in a side door and immediately saw that a bunch of our stuff was piled by the front door for easy pickin's as the thieves got ready to go. Then one of them came around a corner in the house and saw her, so they all took off (thankfully - it could have been much worse). They had ransacked the house - the typical scene you see on t.v. with drawers pulled out and flipped over so everything is all over the floor, etc. The house was completely tossed and the sight of our stuff piled up by the door ready to be taken out of there was so weird and disorienting that it took a while to get over. One of the rooms tossed was my bedroom - talk about feeling violated. I kept staring at my drawers, closet, and stuff thinking how strangers were in there just going through my stuff and deciding what they wanted to take (and just that they were in there at all). It was alternately scary and infuriating...

Emily and Steve said...

Sorry to hear about this! Our car was broken into here in Memphis when we first got married. Luckily our horn alarm went off which ended the loser's stealing streak in our apt complex for the night. We were the 8th Saturn they broke into that night in the parking lots. And, since the alarm went off they ran before getting anything. We just had to replace a broken window. I don't know why people are such idiots when it comes to stuff like this. Best wishes!