Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lagoon!

Back in the beginning of August we went to Lagoon with a bunch of my family members and also our friends Kris and Cy and Ayden. We took Maddie when she was a year old, but she was too small to ride most everything and the things she could ride she cried the whole time. She's been really excited to go. I showed her some youtube videos of some of the rides just so she knew what I was talking about when I told her about Lagoon. She was so funny the morning that we went. I was in the bathroom getting ready when she got out of bed. She came in and said "What are you doing mom?" I said, "I'm getting ready for the day, and you need to too because we are going to Lagoon". She almost started hyperventilating and said "You mean TODAY? Not next week or next year, but TODAY?" And then she sat down on the floor next to Max and said "Little guy, We are going to LAGOON!!!" It was so fun to see her so excited. We picked Jeff up at work and got to Lagoon right before 11:00. Then we just partied it up all day. And I mean ALL DAY. We had so much fun there. And not just Maddie. We all did! It was great that Kris, Cy and Ayden were with us. Maddie had fun riding with Ayden on all the kiddie rides. We stayed until almost 10:00 that night. The kids bed time is 8:00 so we were planning on leaving there near 7:00. but Max ended up falling sleep around then and so by the time he woke up he was good for a few more hours. So we made the most of our time. Even for being there nearly 12 hours,  Maddie still didn't want to go home. She's already talking about going again next year. and by that time Max will hopefully get  to ride something other than his stroller.

Look mom, No Hands!

My handsome boys :)

This is a mini version of one of those rides that take you to the top and you free fall down. I'm not sure how much Maddie liked having her stomach up in her throat, but she was a trooper!



The helicopters were one of Aydens favorite rides. I think they went on this about 20 times!




Getting drenched on Rattle Snake Rapids.

 Karissa, Cy and Ayden on Rattle Snake Rapids

You can tell by Maddie's looks that she was a little traumatized by this ride.

Such a good boy :-)

Puff the magic dragon roller coaster

The swings were Maddies all time favorite


Mads and her cousin Emmy



Can't wait until next year!

1 comment: