Our little Cricket got saddled up for the first time a couple weeks ago. She did so good. Our pony saddle is a little big on her, but it's the smallest thing I have right now (Wish I would have held on to my Pony English saddle now). She got a little bucky while lounging, but settled down pretty quick.
I put Maddie on her for a few minutes and just walked around. She handled it great and Mads was as happy as could be.
After we did Cricket, we decided to try my mom's pony, Clovelly. She is a little more cautious so we didn't know how she would feel about it. She did way better than Cricket! Once she was saddled, she acted like she's been doing it her whole life. I have a feeling that she will be the better kids pony out of the two of them. Cricket has a little bit of spunk that gets her in to trouble. Both of them though are still only two year olds, so I'm not going to do too much with them this year . Next year I'd love to get them driving.. Hopefully life will settle down a little by then and I'll have more time to work with them.
2 comments:
yeah so you do need to get that pony going. She's got quite the grass/hay belly going on! LOL! Looks like you had a great time. If you want you can friend my friend Natalie on Facebook or I can have her add you. She knows all about the driving adventure. Although she didn't train hers to drive, she bought a pony that already knew how.
Looks so fun!!!
Post a Comment