Yesterday I had the grand (sarcasm here) experience of getting to call poison control. I left the little munchkin alone for just one minute and she goes and eats something poisonous. Just my luck!
I was in the other room and I hear the toilet flush. I swore that I closed all the bathroom doors! Turns out that I left the master bathroom open and there she was standing over the toilet dumping something blue in to it. When I yelled at her to get away, she turned around and then I noticed that she had blue powder all over her mouth. This is when I also noticed the package of garbage disposal cleaner in her hand. She had somehow sneaked it out of from under the kitchen sink and took it in to the bathroom to have a little fun. I almost had a heart attack! Right on the package in huge letters, of course, it says "Extremely dangerous if swallowed". I was freaking out, even to the point that I couldn't find the number for poison control because I couldn't focus.. Luckily, I did remember my sister-in-laws number and I called her to look it up for me.
When I called they were really calm and told me to watch her for specific symptoms and to call back if they occurred. Lucky for us, she must not have eaten too much, since she never got sick. but it sure scared me. Jeff installed locks on all the cabinets when he got home last night, so now I hope the house is REALLY child proof. I'm sure she will find something else sooner or later though. Oh the things kids do.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry that happened! It's the scariest thing in the world but isn't it? Glad things are ok.
Don't worry, I'm always here to look up poison control's number for you when you need it! :)
awesome.
How scary! I've had 2 very similar experiences - once when Hannah was about 15 months old and once when Isabella was about 18 months old (foam insulation and dishwashing detergent). And I was just as flustered with it when it was happened with Isabella as when it happened with Hannah Grace. I know have poison control on my speed dial! I'm glad she is okay!!
Hope you are feeling well! :)
Post a Comment