Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quarantined

We've had a fun couple of days (heavy sarcasm here). On Monday evening the fun started. We were in the back yard getting the garden ready to plant when Maddie started complaining that her tummy hurt. She's never told me that before, and she was holding her tummy and wanted me to hold her, so I thought it was a little strange. I went and told Jeff that I don't think she's feeling good and we were going to go inside. Then it happened. She threw up ALL over me. It was awful. I do not have a strong stomach and it was all I could do to not puke myself. I'm just so thankful that we were outside at the time. She had refused to eat dinner and all she'd had in the last few hours were some fishy crackers. We were hoping that she had just ate to many and it upset her tummy. We took her in and bathed her and found out 5 minutes after she was clean, that it was not just to many crackers, she indeed had a stomach bug. And so started a night of puke, laundry and no sleep for anyone involved. It was pretty awful! The poor girl couldn't understand why she felt so awful. It was so sad! Jeff stayed up with her all night. She didn't want him to put her down at all. He let me try to get some sleep, but I put the monitor in my room so I could hear if he needed help and every half hour she's be at it again. I've never felt so helpless in my whole life.
Around 5:00 she finally stopped throwing up and we brought her in to our room so everyone could try to get some sleep. Poor Jeff got maybe an hour of sleep before he had to go to work. I, at least, got to sleep in until 9:00 with Maddie.
We are thinking that she must have picked up the bug from nursery on Sunday. We found out in the morning that her friend down the street had it the same night also. No fun!
So we are now quarantined to our house for at least the next couple of days. Don't want to be spreading that stuff around, that's for sure! Now we are just hoping and praying that it ended with her and that Jeff or I won't be down and out in the next couple days. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

3 comments:

Emily and Steve said...

Oh, that's horrible! Poor little girl! And poor you guys, too! That has got to be the absolute worst thing as a parent is having to watch your child suffer (and getting puked on, too! bleck!)

I hope she will continue to fill better and you guys don't get sick, too! Bless all your hearts!

Jess said...

Barfy babies are the saddest- poor Maddie. I hope you guys feel better soon.

Jill said...

That doesn't sound fun. I hope that everyone is feeling better!