Friday, January 30, 2009

Confessions of a shoeoholic

I must admit, I think that I've passed down a gene to our daughter. I can't seem to keep her away from shoes. I have loved shoes from infancy! I remember wearing my moms shoes around the house as a child and according to her it started from the time I could walk. I also remember getting new shoes and loving them so much that I would sleep in them the first few days I had them. I used to walk around staring at my feet admiring my new shoes. I LOVED THEM! Ok ok, I still love them!!!!!
Well, looks like someone else now loves them too, because I can't keep Mads away from our shoes.
The moment I set her down in our room, she is off to the shoe shelf. She rips them down, sucks them(much to my disgust), bangs the closet door with them and then will pick a favorite and take it with her on her next adventure.




In the first picture she is sucking on one of my shoes. In the second I took it away from her and told her NO, and she is clapping at herself. She thinks she's so funny!

She's growing up so fast I can't believe it. She is learning new things everyday. And I'm happy to announce that we are now going on almost a month of having a baby free bed!!! Yay!! We kicked her out of our room finally and it's been wonderful! We can finally access the closet again for the first time since she was born since we have no bassinet or playpen in front of it.

Since she's fully on the move now we have to be on constant look out. She crawls around trying to find whatever she can to put in her mouth. She's getting plenty of fiber with all the paper she has eaten lately. She likes to take it and rip it into tiny pieces and bunch it up and eat it. It's loverly!
she understands more and more words every day and It's so nice that we can slightly communicate with her now.
Last night I went to a bridal shower and there was a baby there that was only 6 weeks old. You forget how small and precious your little one once was. They grow up too fast.

My Mom's in England right now visiting her family and It's funny how much I'm missing her. I pick up the phone to call her and tell her something funny that happened and realize she's not there. I think everyone in the family is ready for her to be home.


Well, I'm out of things to say, so until next time...

5 comments:

Em said...

haha, we must have been on a similar page this morning with blogging b/c i wrote about being a shopaholic! why do they love to eat shoes so much? and never the tops, always to bottoms.

Kailey said...

Yum! I think I'll go have shoe for lunch.... not. She is such a cutie!!

Lisa R said...

Wow shoes and paper! Yummy...NOT! The things kids like to eat!
Just wait until they get as old as Christian (he'll be 7 in March) and then you REALLY look back and wonder what happened to your "baby!"
Just think it will practically be the blink of an eye and then we'll be wondering how our kids can be old enough to go to college, right?

Em said...

you can totally borrow my book thief! and yay for getting the babywise books for next time around. baby wise from day 1!!!!

the larsons said...

Uh-oh!! You are in for trouble:) Sad thing is, so are we!! Ty absolutely LOVES shoes. He wears mine and BJ's already. He also wears his pajamas with his snow boots or with his other boots. I am worried!! Anyways, she is a doll! I love the pic of her clapping:)