Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sleep deprived

It's been a few weeks since we last posted anything. We went to Bear Lake over labor day weekend. I will post pictures of that later. When we came home it was time for Maddie to be converted to her crib. It was easier then I thought it would be for me to put her in her own room. In fact, I quite like not having to worry about her waking up because the TV is too loud or Jeff is too loud. So all went well the first night. She slept from about 8:00 until about 4:30AM before she needed her Binky. The next few night were even better. She stayed asleep until 5:30!
Okay, well my good fortune was bound to catch up with me sooner or later. The last 3 nights have been horrible. Last night I sat in bed and thought about the previous post about me having to get up a couple times a night; and she was just in the bassinet next to me. Oh how lucky I was!
So last night from about 11:45 until 3:00 I was up (not joking) every 15 minutes to a half hour. I know, I know, what was I thinking? I was thinking that if I got to her before she REALLY woke up I could STOP her from waking up. It actually worked, but I spent the whole night racing to her room as soon as I heard her start moving around on the monitor. Finally I had some sense come to me and I brought her in to our room and put her in the bassinet. Finally sleep!
The best part of waking up countless times and running in to the baby's room is when my DH gets up in the morning and asks if I had to get up with the baby during the night. HOW CAN HE NOT KNOW! I get out of bed like a million time and he's dead to the world! How would it be.
Okay, enough of my sleepless night venting. I guess this is what the average mom deals with for years, so I just need to suck it up and stop having this pity party for me.
On another note... Today I started Maddie on Rice Cereal. It wasn't quite as exciting as I imagined it would be. I'm thinking that she didn't really like it because she spit it all out. I know that she doesn't know how to swallow solids but it seems like she didn't even try. I guess we'll keep working on it. She sure made a mess of her face though.
Well, It's just past 9:00PM and Maddie is already in bed. So here we go again.......

4 comments:

the larsons said...

Keri!!
Hang in there! I know those aren't great support words..but that's all I have got! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Oh, and have all the pity parties you want. Just because we, as mothers, have to deal with it doesn't mean we can't feel sorry for ourselves! :)

Oh, and that comment about Jeff asking if you had to get up in the night with the baby is classic. That's exactly what Steve asks! I had to read that to him and he laughed and said "Hey, that's just like me!"

Oh, and don't stress about the cereal. She'll take it when she's ready. One of mine started between 5-6 months and my other wasn't ready until about 9 months. Every baby is different so best wishes in finding what's best for your little Maddie. :)

Kailey said...

Guess it looks like you can join the "mommy" club now. :-)
You can't be in it unless you have pity parties every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS DH????? Why won't anyone tell me??? I am so sick of acromnyms....