Sunday, November 24, 2013

Going home

We stopped in Vegas to stay the night on the way home. We stayed at the circus circus right on the strip. The drive to Vegas couldn't have been longer. The kids were terrible. As soon as we pulled in to the parking garage Maddie barfed all over the car. I seriously couldn't have gotten out of that car fast enough.
I wanted to take the kids out on the strip and see the Mirage volcano and the Treasure Island pirate show. As we were walking down the strip I was sorely regretting our decision to bring the kids to Vegas. I have been many times, but never with my kids. That city is so dirty. I guess just having the kids there with us made us made everything just stand out all the more. I felt like an awful parent to have my children see the stuff they saw. The kids though it was wonderful though. They loved the big lights, all the escalators and business of the strip. We watched the Volcano go off which they loved and headed back towards treasure Island to see the pirate show. I haven't seen that show since i was a kid. Within 2 minutes of watching I knew it wasn't something we should be watching. Especially with children! It's nothing at all like when I was a kid. It was full of provocative pole dancing and skimpy clothing and crude language. We left right away. I just wanted to get in the car right then and get out of that place as soon as I could! Next time we will stay in St. George!




It was a wonderful vacation but it was also wonderful to get home and get back to normal!

No comments: