If I thought my pregnancy flew by, it was nothing compared to how fast time is flying by now. I can't believe Max is three weeks old today! It seems like we just brought him home yesterday.
We've had lots and lots of Dr. appointments for him in the last 2 1/2 weeks since we've had him home. He's been having a hard time packing on the pounds, so we have been supplementing with formula. We had another weight check today and he's up to 6 lbs 15 oz., so almost back up to his birth weight (7 lbs 2 oz.). Yay!!
He is such a good baby. He's starting to wake up a little and it's been fun to have him looking around and not sleeping constantly. For a while there, we didn't think he knew how to cry, because he never cried. I had to wake him up to eat every 3 hours and then it was a struggle keeping him awake long enough to finish. It was tough there for a little while. We didn't know if he was getting enough to eat, because he just wanted to sleep 24 hours a day. So it's been nice to have him start letting me know what he wants. He also loves to be held and snuggled. He's quite spoiled and he's getting to where if I set him down for more than a couple minutes, he starts crying to be held. It's great on the weekends when Jeffrey is home to help keep Maddie entertained, but during the week when it's just the three of us, I don't have time to cuddle as much as he or I would like to.
Life is a little chaotic at times, but he's a great addition to our family and we wouldn't trade him for the world.
I have lots to update on, just not enough time to do it all right now, so in the mean time here are some pictures of my our little guy and Mads.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh~ what a love!! Congrats again... he is precious
She looks like she's having fun being the big sister. They're so beautiful!
I want this picture- e-mail it to me, ok?
Post a Comment