This is one of the many waterfalls in the park. I'm a loser and can't remember which one this is (I blame it on pregnancy brain). It's not a great shot of the falls because we were trying to get Maddie to corporate. She's not the best as posing for photographs.
I don't know why, but I decided to bring along Maddie's doll and stroller on the trip. We were super glad we did, because she bawled half of Friday because she wanted to push Nat in her stroller everywhere. So on Saturday we brought hers along with us, and she was as happy as can be after that.
Here is some of that steam I was telling you about. She wasn't thrilled about daddy making her stand with him so close to it.
This picture is taken in Mammoth. Once again, I can't remember the name of this... maybe Carmel Mountain? I don't know, but this picture doesn't do it justice. I couldn't get the really good angle of it, because rude people wouldn't get their fat heads out of my shot. :(
This is a big snake we saw just off the trail. I think it's a bull snake. It didn't have a rattler on it, thank goodness.We saw quite a bit of wild life, but not as much as we saw in the fall last time we went. This time we saw Buffalo, Elk, Snake, Bald Eagles, a HUGE wolf, cranes, and a couple others I can't think of at the moment. I was bummed about not seeing a bear, since I've not seen one any time I've been to Yellowstone. I was hoping that this trip would be the one. It was not to be. :(
Bad picture I know, but if you look really close, there are elk laying out on the lawn in Mammoth.
Finally back to camp.
We took our time on Sunday coming home. We gave Jeff his fathers day gift before we left, then stopped for lunch in Idaho falls. We played along the river for a little while.
I just had to post this one last picture of Maddie on the way home. She had her favorite trusty blanket and her binky. Two of her staples. She was perfect on the drive home too.It was a quick weekend, but we sure enjoyed ourselves. Hopefully we will have many more camping trips to blog about this summer!
2 comments:
Ohh sounds fun! Way better than what I got to do over the weekend!
what an awesome adventure! Wish we lived closer~
Post a Comment