Friday, June 11, 2010

Pregnancy Update

 I thought I'd fill you all in on my pregnancy, since I haven't really said much about it.
I'm almost at my 18 week mark and I'm happy to say that the morning sickness in GONE! Whahoo!
As horrible as morning sickness is, It was actually somewhat of a relief knowing that everything was going alright. After having an early miscarriage at the end of last year, it was a little scary wondering if everything was going along ok. Once the sickness hit, I knew something must be good. Even though good is not the way I was feeling ;-) Changing diapers was brutal there for a while and I had to wrap my head in a scarf every time I did it. My friend laughed at me when I told her and told me that I needed to take a picture of it and post it... so here you are my friends... I know it's a horrible picture, but it's exactly how I was feeling at the time.


Well, that's behind me now and now I get to go through the process of stretching all my stomach muscles out and the pressure on my bladder and all the other fun stuff that come along with pregnancy. Yay!
Luckily, I have not had to move over to maternity clothes yet. I'm dreading that, since I was pregnant at the completely opposite time of the year with Maddie, so that means, I'll have to go out and buy summer maternity clothes. Oh Joy, I seriously hate maternity clothes!
Maddie is so cute with me and she will come and lift my shirt up and touch my belly and say "Baby in dare?". I tell her yes the baby is in there, and she will proceed to lift up her own shirt and tell me that she has a "baby in dare too". She is just too cute!
We have two new nephews in our families and she is so interested in the new babies. I think she will make a great big sister.... you know, once the whole jealously  thing goes away ;-) Our little munchkin is quite the daddys girl and does not like to share him with ANYONE. That includes me!
We have our Ultrasound in a little over a week to find out the gender. I'm so excited! We will be happy with whatever we are blessed with, whether it be a boy or girl. Though it would be nice to have one of each!

Well, that about sums up me lately. I'll make sure to post again when we know the flavor. :-)

5 comments:

Buckeye Nut said...

So glad you're feeling better Keri:) I asked Jeff how you were doing when he was over for home teaching. Can't wait to hear what you are having either. My prediction boy :) We'll see.....

Jill said...

Yeah for feeling better. I wish I had summer maternity clothes to share.

Jess said...

So sad- but a super funny picture- that you had to go to such lengths to change a diaper. Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Alex said...

Oh Congratulations! I'm so excited for you all! I was wondering with no update; super glad to hear all is well!

Em said...

hahahaha, love the mask;-) yay for the middle of pregnancy!!!