I'm really hoping I haven't passed a bad gene to my little sweetheart. She woke up with a low grade fever yesterday morning around 4:00AM. I went in, gave her some Tylenol and hoped that it's just teething. I kept a close eye on her all day yesterday to see if I noticed her acting funny. She seemed fine, just still had a low fever.
So this morning at 4:00AM again, I got up to check on her and make sure she was covered up. I felt her head and it felt really hot. So I took her temp. 102! I also noticed that she was breathing really funny. When she woke up from all the poking and prodding she started crying and that's when I heard the croup. You know, that barking sound. So sad.
Needless to say, we spent the whole day at home and I have to say, I've NEVER seen her act the way she did today. She has been sick before, but never like this. She struggles to breath; if I don't get her her dose of Tylenol or Motrin on time, her temp sky rockets. I held her for a good 3 hours today for her nap, because she would weeze so bad laying down. Finally when she woke up I took her temp again and it was at 103.2. I called the Dr. and they told me to bring her in.
Diagnostic... Croup AND Asthma and some crappy virus called Para Flu. She had to have a breathing treatment, which she screamed bloody murder through the whole thing and they gave her some steroid and sent some home with us also. The poor girl.
I had Asthma horribly when I was a child Still do to this day when I get really sick. It runs in my family. I have a niece that ends up in the hospital at LEAST once a year with asthma attacks. Hers is REALLY bad.
Maddie's Dr. said that this could be the first we are seeing of it, being hereditary, or it could just be such the virus that it caused it. I'm just praying for the second. I don't want to have to worry about Asthma attacks.
Today was the quietest day I think I've had since I can remember. She didn't really talk at all because her little throat hurt. When she does talk, her voice is pretty much gone, and it always sets off a little coughing fit. I feel so bad for her. I wish so much I could make it disappear. Nothing is worse than not being able to take away her discomfort and pain. I hope she gets over it soon :-(
5 comments:
brennan is so much better with his breathing treatments when he can be at home watching a movie. we like the mask the best. did they test her for rsv???
And the fun begins! Those steroids you speak of... they are what gave birth to Masty... so have fun the next couple of days and remember that your sweetheart is not quite herself.
So sorry for the sick baby and the crappy air that most likely makes it worse. Hopefully she gets better fast!
So sorry to read this! :( Poor little thing! I hope she can get over this quickly and that it is just something brought on by the virus! How scary! She (and you guys) will definitely be in our prayers!
Aww, poor little girl! My 4 month old niece got croup last month, it was so SAD! That's so much to have hit a little body, I hope she feels better soon.
Post a Comment