Thursday, January 7, 2010

Calling for warmer weather

I know, I know... it's only January, but I'm tired of  freezing all the time. I'm dreaming about those March days that it actually starts getting in to the 40's during the day. It's not too far away. That's what I keep telling myself. I miss walking. And not walking on my treadmill. Walking outside. I loved to go walking in the early morning, and when I say early morning, I'm talking just light outside. As in 6:30 AMish. I don't mind getting out of bed that early when the sun is up. I love warm weather and long daylight days. I love the green of the outdoors, the sound of the birds, the leaves on the trees.  I LOVE the 4th of July. Something is magical about that day to me. It makes me happy just even thinking about it.. I even look forward to working in the yard. Maybe this year I can actually get sprinklers in my flower beds. Fingers are crossed!
Maddie misses being outside too. We go to visit our pony every week, but can only last about 15 minutes outside before she is too cold. That's even when we are in the barn. She is going to be a warm weather girl, just like her mommy.
So the count down begins. And the vacation planning also. :-)

3 comments:

Em said...

i am looking forward to the 40's, but the mid to high 30's haven't been so bad! was NOT excited about the 9 degrees it was this morning. good thing brennan was up late and has parked himself on the recliner for tv all morning, lol.

Debbie said...

I didn't know you loved the 4th of July! Did I mention that is my absolute FAVORITE holiday?! It is!

I don't however like getting out of bed early in the morning. No matter the weather outside! I'm working on it though!

Jess said...

So with you on this Keri. I'm tired of freezing. And I miss walking too, and chatting, and I am looking forward to working on our lawn- my goal this year is to not be the white trashiest yard in the neighborhood, a big task I know.