Today is a happy day for me. I finally have a food storage room! Well, I guess I've always had one to some extent, but today it's complete with shelves and everything!!! The last few months, (and years prior to that).., we've been keeping a lot of our food and water storage in our family room down stairs since we didn't have the room in the storage room. Then when Christmas was approaching we moved it all to the spare room in the basement. but now it all finally has a home!!! Thanks so much to my father-in-law, who was diligently over here helping Jeff get it finished.
I love it! I keep going downstairs to just sit and stare at it. Isn't it funny the things we get excited for as adults?
I didn't realized how much stuff I canned last year until I got it all put up on the shelves. I guess we need to start eating a
whole lot of spaghetti before I make more sauce next year! It's also so nice to know exactly what I have and what I need instead of having to dig through boxes hoping that I will find what I'm looking for.
Here are some pictures I took. They are not really good ones, because it's hard to get the whole room in the pictures.
5 comments:
Yay for organized food storage! Mine started out that way, I need to reclaim it, and not let it be turned into a dumping zone again. Look at all of those pretty glass jars-love it
ahhh, how I miss basements and a room to do THAT in. ((sigh)) Love your food storage room! It is great! I have a food storage cabinet, courtesy of Niels' work. Not near as impressive (or large), but for now it will do! It is hard to find places to store food without a basement!
Oh wow, that is AWESOME! It looks great! I wish we had a food storage room! I wish we had a basement! Way to go Reading Family!
I COVET I COVET I COVET I COVET I COVET I COVET.
Wow! Looks good! Now we know where to go to get food when I'm too lazy to go grocery shopping. j/k Maybe my storage room will have more shelves and be filled with food too.
Post a Comment