Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bye Bye Baby


Today I said goodbye to my horse Rhian as her new owners came to get her. I thought I'd manage without crying. I thought wrong.
Deciding to sell her was one of the toughest decisions I have had to make in a long time. Since I got pregnant and had Maddie I have not been giving her the time and attention that she needs and deserves. So I put her up for sale. I turned down a few offers on her because I just didn't feel right about the people who wanted her. I have been really praying hard that I would find the right family for her and last week I got the phone call I'd been waiting for. The family that she went to will be perfect for her. She will have everything from them that she didn't get from me and I'm so happy with the way things turned out.
I have 7 years of history with this horse and have connected with her on a level that I never did with any of my previous horses. We've had lots of hard times and lots of great times. I will miss her more then I can ever say.

Bye Bye baby!

2 comments:

Lisa R said...

Awww, Keri. I feel for you. There is no way I could get through that without crying. I bawled my eyes out when Kira left. But it gets easier as time goes on and there is a peace in knowing you are doing the right thing for them.
((HUGS))

Em said...

:-(
she's so pretty:-)