Monday, March 16, 2009

Zion National Park

This last weekend my Mother and Father-in-law treated our family to a Trip to Zion National Park. We had so much fun and Zion is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We drove down on Thursday night and Maddie did so good in the car. We thought that she would sleep in the car on the way down, but we were wrong. Luckily we had her Telletubby book and she was a good little girl for all 4 hours. We didn't have one tantrum the whole ride.



I have only been to Zion one other time and it was in January and very briefly. So it was really nice to be able to actually see the park and do some hiking.
I have to say Thank You to Emily for getting me swimming, because you wouldn't believe the difference it made while hiking. I actually had FUN hiking this time and that's saying a lot for me. I didn't hardly get out of breath and had no asthma what so ever. It was awesome! I can't remember the last time I enjoyed hiking so much!





We bought a baby back pack before the trip and it was seriously one of the best purchases we have ever made. Madison did wonderful in it. She had so much fun and didn't once cry or whine while in it and we hiked pretty much non-stop for 2 days.






Jeff's Grandma is from Springdale and so they have a lot of family down there. My mother-in-law had a lot of stories that were fun to hear about her childhood and vacations they took to Zion. Her mothers family has a lot of history with the park and some relatives are recognized on the land mark signs as helping architect some of the hikes and naming of different monuments. It was really cool!

We were able to go to my mother in laws cousins elk and buffalo ranch in Springdale. Maddie loved seeing the animals!




If you have not been to Zion you need to put it on your list of things to do! This place is magically beautiful! I hope to visit it many more times!
Thanks for a wonderful trip Grandma and Grandpa Reading!

4 comments:

Em said...

go madison!!!!! i'm so impressed that she didn't have one tantrum, what a good girl!

Lisa R said...

Well that is great that you have been swimming and that it made such a big difference hiking! Yeah! An Elk ranch huh? Wow that is really neat!
Maybe someday we can plan a trip to Zion since I've never been there. :(

Karissa said...

Hey Keri,
Looks like a fun trip! I am glad Maddie did well for you, she looked like a happy camper!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm SOOO jealous! That's one of the main things I miss about Utah - the red rock in the central/southern part of the state! I could just cry when I see pictures of it. Zion National Park is magnificent. That is neat that you all have family history down there. We have family history at Capitol Reef National Park - you should check that out sometime, too!

Madison is getting so big! She is such absolutely darling!!