We've been busy trying to get the basement finished before Lyndsey moves in with us. Her room is almost complete. Just needs a little paint and carpet.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to sell my horse. The horse market is awful right now. I guess people just can't afford the luxury of throwing their money away on Hay and board. I can understand. I just wish I could find her a good home. If any of you know someone who is up for a challenge, send them my way... Shes a good horse, just has a few issues ;)
We had a nice Valentines. We didn't do anything.. but I did do this.... and they were marvelous!

Madison is in full swing... We can't keep her off of anything. She stands up on everything and anything she can manage. She has even figured out the stairs which I hoped to avoid for a little while longer. She is growing so big. 9 Months old already! I can't believe it.. where has the time gone. She can say Mama and Dada and she can understand a good portion of what we ask her.
She has taken a liking to a little stuffed Elephant that she has and now wont sleep without it. It's pretty cute!
She is my little retriever baby. She always sticks stuff in her mouth and follows me around the house with it hanging out. She definitely has personality. No doubt about it!


She LOVES animals (she must get that from me) and the highlight of going to Nannys (my Moms) is all the Animals there. She gets so excited to see the dogs, cats, horses and now... new baby chicks. She loved watching them and Really wanted to hold one, but nanny didn't want them dead before they had a chance to grow up a little. She tried to eat one as you can also see.


I just finished the book "Marley and Me" this morning. I loved it! You definitely have to have a love for Dogs to really enjoy the book.
It made me really miss having a dog around the house. My families dog Aspen is 14 this month. Thats like 100 in dog years. She is a big Lab mix and we've had her since birth. She is definitely a part of the Dransfield family and this book made me really scared for the day that she won't be with us anymore. I can truly say that there have been times in my life that she has been my best friend. I remember times where I have been crying and hurt and she would just lay beside me letting me know that she is there for me and loves me no matter what. You can't find that kind of loyalty anywhere. She loves unconditionally! I know many of you reading this cannot understand and probably thinks I'm nuts, but I don't care. I hope Maddie can one day be able to have the experience to love and be loved by another of Gods creatures.

Well, thats all I've got for now....
6 comments:
Keri,
don't even worry about the shower, you were missed but I am sure that you are kept plenty busy and we all understand. We probably won't need help physically moving stuff because Dan has several brothers and brother in laws with trucks....but, if you really liking boxing stuff feel free to come hang out ... hahaha. Anyway, looks like you guys are doing well, and I totally understand about Marley and Me I cried through the whole book and the whole movie.
Hey Keri,
Looks like Maddie is all over the place like Ayden now. Its fun huh? That is cool she is starting to talk. I think the pictures of her with the chicks is adorable. We need to get them together to play again soon!
you hold your own;-)
Of course I miss riding in Corner Canyon with you. In fact I miss trail riding on a regular basis a ton in general too. Duck doesn't know what it is like to be a REAL horse like Kira did. I am just trying to do the best with what I have right now. We have a long way to go anyway. She can still be a total freak on the trail!
Yay for new posts and new pictures! :o) I love that pic of Madison trying to eat the baby chick. She is such a cute little baby - even though she is hardly a baby anymore at 9 months! I can't believe she's already 9 months old!
I didn't read the book but I did get to go see the movie Marley and Me. I loved it!! My dog, Dakota, is also turning 14 in March. I love her to pieces. I've also had her since she was a month old and she has been my best buddy. Del laughs at me sometimes with how much I baby her but hey, she deserves it. She just lost her hearing a month ago and in some ways is still adjusting. I'm sad that she doesn't wag her little tail when I call her name anymore and also that I have to get in front of her at her eye level for her to see that I want her to come to me. I'm so glad Madison gets to see the animals when she goes to see your family. I also grew up on a farm and at times really miss it. Zoe told me a few months ago that she is going to grow up to be a farmer and live in Heber. Hmmm....we'll have to see. LOL
Post a Comment