Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh my, what a boring life!

Sometimes I wonder whats the purpose of me having a blog when I just don't have anything to blog about. I'm not good at just coming up with something to write about like Kailey is. By the way, check out the story she posted on her blog. It's pretty funny.

Since it's been forever since I posted last, here is what this little family has been up to.


A week ago Saturday I FINALLY rode my horse for the first time in like a year! I'm pleased to say that for not being ridden for that long, she did wonderful. She had a couple tantrums about trotting that we quickly got over and she did keep turning around and trying to bite my foot. I don't know what that was about. I didn't go as far as cantering. I thought that we should take it a little slow for the first ride. I went away feeling pretty good all in all. I'm hoping that I can start riding at least once a week.
My poor mother came off her horse the other day. Her body just isn't young enough to handle that kind of impact anymore. She hurt her back and she must have been hurting pretty bad because she actually missed church for it yesterday! My mother is not like a normal person who tries to find anyway to stay home from church, so you know that if she did she must of felt pretty horrible.

On Friday, Jeff decided that he needed a much needed break and went fishing up at Red Pine Lake with his friends Chad and Matt. He left work early and got home at around 10:00PM.
He's not in the shape he used to be in. I don't think I've ever seen him so sore from hiking in the time that I have known him. While he was gone for the day Maddie and I spent some time at my Mom and Dad's.
I chopped my hair off last Tuesday. I really liked my new hair cut until it came time for me to actually style it myself. I hate when they make it look super cute and then it comes time for you to do it and it looks super stupid! I need lessons on doing my hair. Maybe if I knew how to do it I would occasionally try to DO it. I just need to have someone come to my house everyday and do my hair and make up for me. That would be idealistic.
On to Madison, She is growing so big. She now can hold up her head really well. She is at the stage where she does not want to sit down. She prefers to be outside if she has her way. She makes me walk laps around the back yard for a good part of the day. I always said that I wouldn't ever put up with a kid that wouldn't let me sit down. Pretty much everything I ever said has been thrown out the window. It's amazing what you will do for your children to not have them cry. She has us wrapped around her little finger. What ever Maddie wants, Maddie gets.
She has almost out grown her bassinet. That means that she has to move in to her own bedroom soon. Is it scary for all moms to move their babies out of their room? I am having panic attacks about this! I just like having her close by where I can just reach over if she needs her pacifier during the night. Any advice on how to deal with this would be great!
Well, thats about all that this family has been up to for the last couple weeks. Until then.....

3 comments:

Kailey said...

Where is the pic of your new "do"?

Lisa R said...

Yeah Keri where is the pic of your new "do"? Or are you going to make me wait until I get there? LOL I think that I have said as well that I would LOVE if I could hire someone to do my hair daily and clean my house and do my yard...no big deal right? LOL

Rhain looks just beautiful. I am so glad to hear that your ride went very well for it having been a year or so! Isn't it amazing how fast the time goes and sometimes i wonder what I've been doing. Kids..

Kids are so funny that way, you do almost anything to appease them so they won't cry!

I enjoy your blog Keri and I think you need to post more often! I don't have anything exciting either, just normal stuff! And I'm not funny or anything either.

Miss ya and can't wait to see you in what, 2 weeks? YEAH!!!!

Jill Dransfield said...

Jay doesn't think you have a boring life. He think that you just wrote a novel.