Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas Eve 2013

We attended the annual Swedish Christmas Eve party at Grandpa and Grandma Youngberg's this year. The swesdish meatballs were everything I could ever ask for and more! The rest of the dinner was wonderful as well. I found out that I actually do like homemade macaroni and cheese. It apparently just has to be cooked right, and by a fabulous woman who owns a catering company. Go figure ;-) I will be longing for that recipe forever more!
We ate dinner, visited with family and exchanged gifts. It was a a really fun and great night!








We didn't get home until pretty late (late as in 9:00) Hey! that's super late for our early to bed kiddos!
When we walked in the door we found 3 pressies under the tree that Timmy our Elf had put there. Timmy was also sitting in the tree with a goodbye note. I haven't told you about Timmy. We had many adventures with him this year that I hope I will get around to blogging about, because some of them are FREAKING AWESOME! But that's for later. Timmy had a note telling the kids how much fun he had and what nice little kids they are. He also informed them that Santa would lift his Christmas Magic for just one minute so that they could kiss and love him goodbye. It was so funny watching them. They were so timid and gentle with him. I almost cried watching them say goodbye to him. I know, stupid huh? But the kids were definitely on there best behavior while he was around. I'm going to miss that little guy!



After saying goodbye, they opened there presents to find their New Christmas PJ's. Maddie was especially excited for hers since she is now too big for all of her 5T footed Pajamas and has worn holes in all of them. It's not easy finding footed ones for her size now. I found more for MY size than hers!
They got Santa a plate of cookies and off to bed they went.
It was a Very Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments: