Monday, February 24, 2014

9 Months Old

I'm a month behind for this, but better late than never. Our little babes turned 9 months on January 23rd.
At her 9 month Dr appt she weighed in at 21 lbs 2 oz and was 27 1/2 inches long. that puts her in the 89% for weight and 35% for length. At the time of her appt she still wasen't crawling . She was able to get on all fours and roll and twist and turn to where she wanted to be. About a week later she started army crawling and about a week after that she was up and going like she's a pro. Needless to say, the baby gate is back in place.
Brooklyn loves bath time and as soon as she hears the bath water running she starts squealing and crawling top speed for the bathroom.

She is enjoying trying more table foods, but doesn't have a huge appetite. She lets you know when she is done by removing the food from her mouth and throwing it.
She got really sick a couple of weeks ago. The most sick she's ever been in her life so far. She just cried and wimpered for about 3 days. She just wanted to be held. She didn't want to eat, she hardly slept and she had a heck of a time getting a good breath. She got extreme croup and we spent 2 nights in and out of the bathroom turning on the hot shower for 10 minutes and letting her breath the steam. It was a really hard week for both of us.

Now that she's crawling, she is also pulling herself up on everything that she can. Once again I am begining to loath our granite coffee table. I seriously hate that thing when my kids are learning to stand and walk. I hope I can talk Jeff in to moving it down stairs when she starts cruising the furniture to spare her a few of the scars from that thing like Max has.

She is a mommys girl. And I am sucking it all in, because I know it won't last long. Eventually they all make the switch to daddy. I'd love if one of them stayed on the mommy team,  but I'm not holding my breath. I guess I should feel pretty good that they have such a great dad who loves them and whom they adore so much.

And finally... on to the distructo phase of life. This includes dumping toy bins, garbage cans, pulling shoes off of shelves and anything else that she can get her hands on to make a mess. And I though I spent all day picking up before.. Sheesh!
She also likes to put everything in her mouth. The other day I layed her on her changing table to change her diaper and she smiled a big huge purple smile up at me. She had found a purple hair clip on the floor apparently decided that is was the perfect size to tote around in her mouth. Freaked me out! I'm constantly yelling at the kids to pick up their little things off of the floor. She also loves to eat candy wrappers. I can't tell you how many times I've thrown little toys away lately because I'm so sick of picking them up and having them left out again.
 She is such a fun little gal to have around though and I wouldn't have her any other way.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love reading about Brooklyn! Her and Allie sound just the same. They sure will have fun playing together.