Thursday, January 2, 2014

8 Months Old

Another month has flown by. I meant to post this last week, but with the holidays things were a little chaotic around here.
It's weird to think that in just 4 short months we will be celebrating this little one's 1st birthday. The days just fly by. I couldn't have asked for a more sweet natured baby girl then the one I was blessed with.

Nicknames- Brookie, Brookyls, Brookylberry Pie, Brookie Pie, Brookylberry Fin, Brookiebrooke.

Likes- Nap time, Bedtime, eating, playing with toys, playing with kids, sucking on things (this was Maddie's imput), throwing things.

Loves- Bath time! Wabba kitty, being held while walking around, being danced with or twirled with,

Dislikes- Wearing a coat, being sat down with, having a diaper change, changing clothes, getting out of the bath, Peas, being loaded in to her car seat (but not being in her car seat thankfully).

New Devopments-
Brooke is almost crawling. She gets up in the crawling pose and rocks. Any day now I'm just waiting for her to figure out what she's supposed to be doing with those chubby little legs.
 There is a chance that she might be working on cutting her first tooth. But I'm not entirely sure. I swore for 6 months that Maddie was getting teeth and she didn't get her first one until she was 14 months old. So I'm skeptical this time around. She did have a week of sleeping horribly at night and I thought for sure that a tooth had to be coming through, but alas, nothing yet.
she is down to 2 naps a day now. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. The length of her naps all depend on how quiet the other two kiddos are. And for some strange reason, they save all of their loud play for Brookie's nap time.
When she wants something she holds her hands out and opens and closes her hands and makes a turning motion with her wrists. This is also how she asks to be picked up.
She has started waving hello and goodbye.


I'm sure that there are hundred of things that I am missing, but time is short and I have kiddos sitting at my feet demanding things from me. I'll post the holidays soon!.


 Sleeping baby. She is very particular about how she likes her blankets and such.

Watching daddy put up Christmas lights

Playing with the Christmas tree

 waving. Hence the blurry hand.

NOT a fan of Santa

Almost time for the baby gates to go up!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so cute and I LOVE those baby cheeks! I'm a little sad I was home for 10 whole days and didn't get to see any of your kiddos... I guess that's what happens when there's a wedding the week of Christmas.

Em said...

man i love the pig tails on the top of her head!!! so cute.