I am already 28 weeks along with this little one. Third trimester here we come! It's hard to believe that in just 11 weeks we will have her here with us. I hope it's going to be an easy adjustment. I've been hearing horror stories about how the third one throws you for a wringer. I guess I'll expect the worst and hope for the best. We are getting excited though :)
I've been feeling pretty good. Besides the growing pains and the uncomfortable big belly in the way things are going well. All of my Dr. Appts have gone well and everything seems to be in line.
I have been experiencing some weird attacks in my right rib cage and mid back that my Dr is concerned that I may have gall stones. The attacks are inconsistent, but my Dr says that if it happens again we will do an untrasound on my gall bladder. They are literally one of the most uncomfortable pains that I have ever experienced and that includes labor! They only happen at night and I literally wither in pain from them. Luckily they only last about 15 minutes usually, but I did have one that lasted 3 hours. It was such agonizing pain and put such stress on my body that I was throwing up and crying my eyes out. I dread it when I feel a pressure in my ribs starting. They don't seem to be effecting the baby so far, so hopefully it stays that way. If it is by chance my gall bladder, my Dr says that no Dr will touch me with a ten foot pole until after I have the baby, so I'll be stuck with these attacks until the end.
We've slowly begun getting things ready for a baby again. It's been hard trying to figure out where we are going to fit her. The rooms in this house are so small that we are wall to wall furniture already. Now we need to make room for a crib AND bed. It will be cramped for sure. Hopefully in the next year or two a bigger home will be in our future.
Maddie is so excited to have a baby sister. She really wants to name the baby Mikel. I'm not quite convinced on the name and still not convinced that I want another M name in the family. So we will see what happens.
I still have so much to do. Go through baby clothes, ect. It's going to be a busy couple of months with trying to do that, plus working 20+ hours a week and keeping up with my crazy kids and the house. I get overwhelmed thinking about it all.
Max has been pretty sick this week. We had him up at Alta View hospital on Tuesday night to get breathing treatments. They are saying that he has RSV. To be honest, he has had so many issues that I'd be surprised if he hasn't had it before now. He has slept in his room almost every night since Tuesday though without coming in to our room until morning. I don't know what has changed, but it throws me off a little. I find myself going to his room a couple of times during the night to make sure he is till breathing. His Dr wants to now wait until warmer weather to remove his tonsils and adenoids. That should be REALLY fun having a new baby and a recovering miserable 2 year old. I had really hoped that we could have done it before the baby. Oh well.
Speaking of cold, holy crap I'm sick of winter! It has been so cold for so long that it feels like the longest winter ever! Not to mention that we win the award here in SLC for the most horrible air quality in the country. So it's indoors for us ALL THE TIME. We are majorly suffering from cabin fever.
Praying for warmer weather soon!!!
1 comment:
so happy the weather has turned!!! my motto about babies is that if nursing is going well, everything is going well. nursing was the hardest part for the third baby with me. it caused the most stress and it was the time where my other two kids were most naughty. by the end of the day i'm still always so exhausted and my patience is thin, thin thin, but there are these amazing moments where all three of them are together and i am just so happy. it couldn't have been too awful b/c in a couple of years we want to have another! just know to not set your expectations of yourself and your kids too high. i really tried to enjoy chase along the way, and i almost feel like he was my first "real" baby, as weird as that sounds. brennan being the first was overwhelming and shell shock. max was so easy and perfect and we were in grad school that it just felt like we were playing house, and then chase was all real life, all real get down and dirty in the unglamorous part of motherhood, but it forced me to really decide what was important to me and what was not. the third has definitely made me a better mom {and more tired than i could have ever imagined}. you can do it!!!
Post a Comment