Monday, April 23, 2012

California!!

This post is a for-warning. I have A LOT of pictures to put on here. My posts over the next week (or two ;-)) will be bombarded with pictures of the most fun vacation to date with our little family!
CALIFORNIA! We loaded the kids up in an Airplane (because who wants to drive 13 hours with an 18 month old?) and whisked them away to a magical far off place. And boy was it magical. California has everything that Utah doesn't have. Namely DISNEYLAND! SEAWORLD! and an OCEAN!!
To say that we enjoyed this trip would be a huge understatement. Both of the kids had the time of their lives. Which in turn made us have the time of our lives, because who doesn't love watching their kids having the time of their lives?! It was awesome!
I'm going to post our vacation in segments. Since we were there a whole week I have a ton of pictures. So I'll take it easy on myself and anyone who may read this also ;-)

We arrived in So Cal bright and early on Saturday morning. And when I say bright and early I mean like 8:30AM PST! We had to get up at 4:00AM to get on our flight on time! We landed in Long Beach and got our rental and headed out towards Anaheim. We took the coastal route since we have not looked at the ocean in far too long. We stopped at Redondo Beach and let the kids experience their first time at the beach. It was a little scary for Miss Maddie at first. She wasn't too keen on the waves coming after her. Max on the other hand could not believe his little eyes. He was in the ultimate sand box heaven! The kid was eating sand from the moment we stepped foot on that beach.



Please pardon my frizzy hair. The humidity and my hair do not get along.

Giant King crab that we found dying on the beach. It lost one of it's legs (are they called legs on crabs??)
This thing was so huge! I wish I would have layed a dollar bill next to it to show you how large the thing really was!

Our attempt at a family photo.
Maddie and Grandma found a live Sand Dollar. She thought it was so awesome!

We also saw a pod of dolphines swimming just off the shore and a few Sea lions here and there at Redondo.
It was a very fun first time to the beach for our little kiddos!


1 comment:

Shilo and Betsy said...

So I've been stalking your blog. And I love it. Sounds like you guys had a great trip. Can't wait to see more pictures. Check out my blog shiloandbetsy.blogspot.com