I haven't done an update on my little maniac man for quite a while now. I don't seem to write in their journals nearly often enough so I thought I'd better jot these things down somewhere at least.
Little guy is currently suffering from his first stomach bug. He woke up the other night covered in puke. No sick kid is fun, but a sick 16 month old is just plain nightmarish! You know all the gruesome symptoms of the so called "stomach flu". Poor little buddy has them all. Bad. We are on day two now and I'm really hoping that there is an end in sight. So far I haven't seen it.
This season has really been brutal on us. BRUTAL! Every one of us has been sick and to the Dr at some point. Some of us multiple times. Now the flu is upon us. Jeff had it first, then me and now Max. Maddie is the only one left and if she's going to get it, I'm hoping it's sooner than later. I really don't want to have to deal with sick kids on our California/Disneyland trip.
Anyway, back to Max...
Like I mentioned before, this boy is a maniac. A real handful. Boys REALLY are different from girls. He is a climbing, throwing, hitting, running, jumping little monster, but also has a tender heart that will occasionally take a time out from all of his craziness to give me a love and a kiss and make sure that he redeems all of the bad things that he's done in the day. And it always works. After he's been put in a time out he always comes to me with his big teary eyes and hugs me tight around the neck and gives me the biggest sweetest kiss. Makes me feel terrible for being mad at him moments earlier. He knows how to pull the stings I tell ya.
We've had some incredible weather this week and it's been wonderful. I've left the back door open for the kids to have free unlimited access to the back yard and I can't tell you how much Max has loved it. It's almost like this is his first year outside in a way, since last year he was so little and wasn't even crawling until the very end of the summer. He LOVES to play in the dirt and in the sand box and will literally stay out there for hours. We had a windy day the other day and I didn't want to back door open so we stayed in that day, and I kid you not, he bawled at the door for almost 4 hours. Made me feel so bad. But not quite bad enough to risk getting blown away ;)
He's still not saying a whole lot verbally but he knows how to get his point across just fine. And he's actually a somewhat good listener. Better than his big sister actually ;)
He's a bit of a chunk. Almost 25 lbs already! And he's really tall. He's taller than most of the other little boys in his age range and even some that are 6 months older than him.
He loves his big sister and loves to play with her and at times torture her. The tattling has been put in to effect at full force by both parties involved and I often have to pull them off one another and stop the sumo match that is usually being won by Maxton. But all in all, he's all that I could ask for in a little boy and even a little bit more :)



1 comment:
love the pic of them in the laundry bin:) hope the sickness is in the past for the rest of the season!
Post a Comment