These last few weeks since Christmas have been rough ones for my kiddos. Especially Max. The poor kid just can't catch a break.
Right after Christmas he came down with a Monster cold. Bad cough, Stuffed nose. You get my drift. He was already miserable, but then one day he stopped eating. I couldn't figure out what his problem was. He's been getting pretty picky about what he eats lately and so I just thought that we'd hit a wall and he didn't like ANYTHING. But then he started refusing his bottles too. Then he started drooling. Bad. Like soaking everything in sight. I'd be in with him during the night and have to come out and change my shirt because I was drenched. He really wanted to nurse, but he couldn't suck. I just thought that it was because he couldn't breath through his nose. Then I noticed while his tongue was hanging out drooling that he had little white spots on his tongue. Cankers. No wonder he wouldn't eat or let me brush his teeth without screaming bloody murder. The next morning he was sitting on my lap and I was looking at his hands and noticed little blisters all over his palms. I knew right then and there that he had Hand Foot Mouth disease. I called the Dr. just to verify my suspicions were correct and sure enough they were. It's a horrible virus. I wouldn't wish it on my my own worst enemy. He was miserable for days.
Finally he started to feel better, and Maddie came down with it. It wasn't quite so bad with her as him, but still not good. She cried a lot because her mouth hurt and she was extra whiny. It's hard because there is nothing you can do to make them feel better. Maddie had to miss a whole week of pre-school which was really hard for her. But she's finally on the mend.
Max on the other hand is still sick. I took him in to the Dr this morning because his mouth smells like something is rotting in it and he has a major sinus infection. Plus, he's getting all of his one year molars in right now and a couple more of his front teeth. Like I said, the poor little guy just can't catch a break.
So that's how we've been spending our New Year. I'm behind on posting as usual. Maybe I'll post Christmas pictures by Summer...;)
2 comments:
oh yikes... poor kiddos! Hope you are all on the mend soon, there is nothing worse than sick little ones...
Awful!!!! One of my students had that when I was student teaching. Super dangerous for pregnant women though. Hope you guys get better soon!
Post a Comment