Wednesday, December 21, 2011

O Christmas Tree

There are some people (like my sister in law, Jen) who just happen on those once in a life time killer deals more than once in a life time. You know, the awesome stuff that you pick up for next to nothing. That stuff doesn't happen to me. Never has before anyway. Well, except for the time that I won my Kindle from liking a comment on Richard Paul Evens facebook page. That was awesome! But I happened upon my once in a lifetime last Thursday.
It was my turn to carpool for Preschool and I had some errands to run while I was waiting for the kids. I went to Walmart and took my time just walking around with Max. As we got up to the check out, there were a bunch of employees taking decorations off this humongous pre-lit Christmas tree. I noticed a lady standing there watching. Then I noticed the matching tree beside it with a hand written sign on it saying "12 foot pre-lilght display tree $25.00". At first I thought that it must have been a mistake. Those are $300.00 fake trees! But I decided I'd better ask just in case. Lo and behold the sign was correct and I bought it! It came with all the decorations and everything all for just 25 bucks! Getting it home was the interesting part. I had 4 car seats in my car, plus my big stroller, plus all my other junk in the back of my car. So fitting a 12 foot tree plus a huge box of decorations in my car was quite the fete. Good thing it came apart in 4 sections.
I finally got it home and Jeff helped me put it up that night. I've been wanting a tall tree for the living room for forever! So there you have it. My once in a lifetime steal of a find. It looks gorgeous and the kids love it. Especially Max. And the best part is the ball ornaments that it came with are the shatterproof ones! Lets just say that I spend at least 1/4 of my day picking up ornaments and hanging them back up.
I think we are in store for a very Merry Christmas :)




No comments: