Monday, January 23, 2012

Heavens little drummer boy

Recently I found this blog. Let me tell you that I don't think I've ever done so much crying. It literally broke my heart. Tripp was born with a rare skin disease called  Epidermolysis Bullosa or "EB" for short.  Any pressure or rubbing of his delicate skin would cause huge blisters and soars on his skin. Kids born with EB are commonly referred to as Butterfly children, because their skin is as delicate and sensitive as the wings of a butterfly.  Little Tripp lived a very painful life for nearly three years when he was finally called back home to live with Heavenly Father a week ago Saturday. Tripp is my Hero. The little drummer boy as he is called by his loving family. I urge you to read his story because my words could never describe how beautiful this little boy is. He and his Mother Courtney have touched me profoundly. I think about them all the time. I pray for them all the time.
I can't even imagine what Courtney has had to go through. Watching her little boy suffer the way he has, but always staying upbeat and happy. For him. Everything she did was for him. She selflessly devoted the last three years of every second of every day to care for her baby. This woman is a Saint. Her faith and courage amaze me. She most certainly should get a free pass in to heaven for all that she's gone through.
Because of Courtney and Tripp, I hug my kids a little tighter. I thank the Lord that they are happy and healthy. I feel like a selfish brat that I've been complaining about having to get up during the night with Max. Because knowing what she has been through and what other mothers of other "Special Children" have to go through, what right do I have to complain. Now when Max wakes up, I think of Tripp and I just hug him all the tighter. Because I can and I should enjoy him while he's this little. Even if it is the middle of the night and I would like to be sleeping. I thank Courtney and Tripp for teaching me this valuable lesson.
This poem was on Courtney's blog and I loved it so I wanted to share it:

A Special Child
You weren’t like other children,
And God was well aware,
You’d need a caring family,
With love enough to share.
And so He sent you to us,
And much to our surprise,
You haven’t been a challenge,
But a blessing in disguise.
Your winning smiles and laughter,
The pleasures you impart,
Far outweigh your special needs,
And melt the coldest heart.
We’re proud that we’ve been chosen,
To help you learn and grow,
The job that you have brought us,
Is more than you can know.
A precious gift from Heaven,
A treasure from above,
A child who’s taught us many things,
But most of all- “Real Love”
            
Please pray for Courtney and her family. She just lost her angel and she is hurting right now. Please learn more of EB and raise awareness. Hopefully the more that people know, the closer we can come to finding a cure for this awful genetic disease.
Thank you Courtney. Thank you for sharing your story. For sharing your precious child with the world. He truly had a great purpose on this earth. The day will come that you can once again hold him tightly in your arms. Until that day,  may God be with you.
                                                                                

No comments: