Friday, December 9, 2011

It's been a while

Wow, I can't believe it's been a month since I blogged last. Crazy!
We had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday and now we are amping up for Christmas. We decorated out tree on the weekend after Thanksgiving and put up our house lights. It's so fun to see Maddie so excited. Max could really care less. Our tree is only half decorated. Top half. He's at that age you know.
We've had a walker on our hands for almost 4 weeks now. That means LOTS and LOTS of dumps and bruises for the little guy. I always loath my granite tables during this phase in my kids lives.
Last Sunday he took a spill and fell face first in to our coffee table. Luckily he didn't hit on the Granite, but he hit the squared corner of one of the legs. He fell so hard that it actually slip his head open and the goose egg was humungous. We watched him really closely all day to make sure he was okay. He acted completely normal so thought we were all good. He woke up that night crying and I went to check on him and found that he had thrown up all over himself. I ended up calling our pediatrician in the middle of the night to see if it could have been related to his fall. He said that it was unlikely that it was when he was normal on everything else. He said to watch him and let him know in the morning if it got worse. Long story short, he turned out fine, but we deal with multiple accidents on a daily basis. I can't wait for this balance to kick in!
Madison is loving preschool and is learning tons! She is really in to dressing up right now and wears her Halloween costume almost daily. It's impossible to get her to wear her normal clothes for a full day. It gets a little frustrating when you are headed out the door and  turn to find that she is undressed and holding a costume for you to put on her. I just try to tell myself that she's only this little once and I need to relax a little.
I'm not really up to date on uploading photos. But here are a few for the past month.

Mads made a Indian headband at pre-school. She wasn't in the mood for a photo shoot though.


Doesn't he look comfy?


They love each other. Most days anyway...


Story time with Daddy. Melts my heart.

No comments: