Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween Fun

My kids got great use of their costumes this year! We had lots of parties to go to and even had a couple of different Trick or Treating events.
Of course Maddie was in pure heaven. I really does make the holidays so much more fun seeing your kids enjoy them so much. We added a lot to our Halloween decorations this year because every time we'd go to the store (or Grandmas) Maddie would find something that we just HAD to have and I couldn't resist that excitement in her eyes. Now I just have to find a place to store it all year :(
I let Mads decide what she wanted to be for Halloween this year. She is all about pink these days, so she decided that she wanted to be a pink butterfly. I actually tried to talk her out of it since she was a fairy last year and I felt like they were too similar, but there was no talking that child out of it once she had her mind made up.
So I tracked down a pink butterfly costume and she pretty much wore it for 3 weeks straight.

When Max was born my brother in laws sister gave me a gift bag with lots of baby stuff in it. One of the things in there was this cute little Lion costume, so that is what little buddy was for Halloween. Though it was a constant struggle getting him to keep his mane on!

We kicked off our Halloween festivities with Maddie's preschool party at Gardener Village.




That weekend we had Grandpa and Grandmas annual Halloween party. 

This is what happened not two minutes after heading home. Think they had fun???
We went Trick or Treating out at Uncle Nates work the Friday before Halloween and brought in the mother load of Candy. Too bad I forgot my camera on that trip :(

Ended Halloween with Trick or Treating with cousins.




I must say that even though it was fun this year, it was nice to have it all done with.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

SO cute!! I love the costumes for kids. And it looks like the sugar crash is workin for ya ;)

Julie said...

So cute! I love how fun all the holidays are with kids.