My baby turned one today. I think that this last year was the fastest year of my life. It still seems like he should be 6 months old to me. I can't believe he's growing up so fast!
I almost can't even call him a baby anymore. He's more in the toddler stage since he's pretty much walking these days.
One year ago today was a crazy day. It seriously feels like it happened last week, not last year. I still remember everything that happened so vividly. The fear that I felt when I didn't hear him cry. The reassurances from my Dr that he would be alright and that they would have him crying soon enough. I saw him for two seconds and then didn't see him for 2 hours. His blue color and his swollen lips will forever be etched in to my mind. But he pulled through it all like the fighter that he is and he is one of my greatest blessings. I love this boy more than any word can express. My life is forever better because he's in it. Because I am his Mother.
Happy Birthday Maxton. You are a ray of light in my life and I'm so grateful that you choose me for your mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment