We've decided it's time for the nap era to end. It's not because I don't absolutely love it, because I do... It's because I'm not so down with having my little Mads yelling at us from her bedroom until 10:30 at night (She goes to bed at 8:00). So today I've introduced the idea of Quiet time. Time she gets to spend in her room playing with her toys and reading, and time that I can regain some sanity and get those things done that I can't while she's up. It's the best of both worlds. She's happy, I'm happy. What's not to love? Well, I may be retracting that at 6:00 tonight when she's whining and ornery and trying to take a nap on the kitchen floor while I'm making dinner. But hopefully she'll be tired enough to go to bed by 8:00 and sleep until 7:00 tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
It will also be wonderful to not have to try to make it home by noon so she can eat and take a nap. Now we can spend all day torturing Nanny :-). Max is still in the numerous nap stage, and he'll pretty much sleep anywhere that he can be held. So hopefully we have a few more months of freedom with him.
Speaking of the handsome little guy, we have his 4 month appointment today, so I'll post his stats later. He seems HUGE to me, so I'm excited to see what his actual growth is.
3 comments:
The end of an Era for sure- good luck tonight!
The nap time to quiet time trade is a tough one at first- but if it makes for more sleep, so worth it. Good luck with finding the balance.
brennan is finally refusing to nap. he is so tired by 6, but we keep him up until 8 and then he usually sleeps 12 straight hours. i like the fact that he sleeps in longer now that he's not napping, and we're finally getting into a new routine of life without the toddler napping. it's pretty nice now that we're used to it b/c i only have to worry about one child napping (max), where before sometimes we were stuck at home for 8 hours when everyone was on a different napping schedule. at least now i can put a movie on for him in the afternoon while she is napping and have some time to myself, hence me catching up on blogs right now:)
Post a Comment