We have all had colds this last week. We're pretty much over it except for poor little Maxton. His just seems to keep holding on. He's become arch enemies with the bulb syringe. I'm hoping that he's finally on the mend.
Maddie has had a hard time sleeping lately. What with her cold and also getting her two year molars, she has been up quite a lot during the night. It's pretty bad when your 3 month old sleeps better than your almost 3 year old. We've registered her for preschool this fall. Can she really be that old already?!!! She seems to really have grown up since Max has been here. I didn't think it was possible, but she's actually more independent than she was before. She wants to do pretty much everything by herself. She is also one of the most stubborn children I have ever met. We are still fighting the potty training. We're on a break with it for now because she's developed some pretty serious issues. I'm just hoping and praying that we can get there before September, or else she won't be starting preschool and I can kiss my deposit goodbye.
I really never thought that potty training would be so hard. From everyone I've talked to, it usually isn't. I just got one stubborn child who will not do anything without it being her decision and hers alone.
She is so dang cute sometimes I can't stand it though. It melts my heart when she walks up to me and hugs my legs and tells me " I love you mom!" she's very good about using her please and thank you's and she has such a great imagination. She LOVES reading and singing and learning new things, She amazes me with the little things that she remembers.
Max is my little angel. He is the sweetest best baby I could ever have asked for. Waking up every morning to my smiling happy little guy makes waking up that much better. He is so patient with me on the days that I don't have much time to hold him. He just sits in his swing or bouncer watching me cook and clean with a smile. I love that kid!! He is still sleeping well and I think in the next few weeks he'll be using his hands with some control. He's been trying pretty hard this last week, so I don't think it will be long now. He pretty much has full control of his head now. and he loves standing on his legs and can support his body weight for at least 3 minutes without caving. He's a strong little guy. He's also started giggling which is the cutest thing I've ever seen!
Well, that's pretty much all I've got for this week. Maybe in the next few weeks it will warm up a bit and we can start spending some time outside of the house.
Strong little dude!
Mads loves her brother
Here's Max and his cousin Lincoln. Link is about a month and a half older than Max. Maxton is finally catching up with him in size.
3 comments:
You have super cute kids. I hope Maddy decides that she wants to use the potty before September too!
can't believe how big he is getting! can't wait for summer to get here so we can get out back more.
So I'm really behind. I didn't get to see Maxton's blessing pic til tonight. SOOOOOO cute :) Good luck too with potty training. I always felt like it took us forever. My only exception was Zoe. She literally woke up one morning and was done. Maybe I'll get lucky with Caleb :)
Post a Comment