I've decided that I can't put it off any longer. We've got to start the potty training. So today is the day. This morning my mom and I went and got Maddie some big girl panties (she picked Elmo and Zoe) and some potty treats, picked up a potty chair and off we go. I'm just not sure how well she's going to do. I know that she's ready, because she tells me when she has gone and she also hides when she has to go. The problem is, is that she tells me afterwards.
So far she has wet one pair of undies, but gone in the potty once also. She was pretty proud of herself when she got a treat. She is a candy-o-holic, so hopefully the treats will be good incentive.
I've called in to work and let them know that I won't be in this week so that I can focus all my efforts on this. I just REALLY don't want to have two kids in diapers at the same time. Now we just need to get her out of the crib before baby boy comes. She is quite attached to her crib. Since we are making changes today, I figured I'd start her napping her her new bedroom and bed also. So she is in there right now yelling at me that she is going night night. Lets see how long it takes for her to actually fall asleep.
So, wish me luck. I may have a long week ahead of me. Please feel free to leave any tips or advice that you may have. I have a feeling that I'm going to need it.
2 comments:
You go girl!!!
Hooray! I hope it's easy-breezy for you. Good luck
Post a Comment