Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's the name game

So I'm almost 23 weeks along. Half way right? Well, I know it's a little early to be trying to figure out a name for our little guy here, but you may not know who I'm married to. Having the name discussion with my husband makes me want to rip my hair out. I'm pretty sure he must just hates all boy names. I'm pretty sure that I was just meant to have all girls. And I'm pretty sure that this kid just might be nameless when he comes. I have to start early with Jeff because I KNOW he would be nameless if I didn't.
Unique names are out of the question. Names of any person he has EVER been associated with even remotely are out of the question. So that pretty much leaves me option-less since... well, he has known someone with just about every common name and the ones I mention that are not really common, he vetoes.  Frustrating I tell you! He's got to give somewhere, he's just got to! The names he suggests are just so ridicules that It makes me mad to even talk to him because he just wants to joke around about it. But there are those times sometimes, that I wonder if he really IS joking. So like I said... it will be a miricle if we have a name in the next 4 months.

The heat here is KILLING me. And the scary part is, it's not even that hot yet. It's only been in the 90's so far and we usually have at least a week or two during the summer that it reaches up to 105 degrees or so. I so wish that we had some nice big shade trees in the back yard that I could stick Maddie's pool under and just soak in some ice cold water all day (She'd love it too. That kid would live in a swim suit if I'd let her), but alas, all our trees are still babies and it will be 30 years before I have the nice shaded back yard that I dream of. So maybe when I reach menopause and the heat phase begins, I'll be in luck. Most of you are probably wondering why we don't use that wonderful invention called Central Air. You know, since we have it and all? Well, I wonder the same thing. why have it if you don't use it right? Oh we use it all right. Once it reaches 90 degrees in the house and it's night time so that the special someone who thinks it's normal to live in those conditions can sleep more comfortably. But lets not think about the other two someones that have to sweat it out during the day while he's in a nice air conditioned office. Ok, so the 90 degrees in an exaggeration, but to a pregnant lady, that's truly what It feels like.

Other than the heat, I'm actually feeling great. I had my Dr's appointment on Monday and things are looking good so far.  I'm starting to feel big, which is not so great, but I guess that's in the cards.
Hope you are all enjoying your summer and the weather is being kind to you. We've had a fun filled summer so far and we have many more fun adventures planned that I'll blog about when the time comes.
If you have any good name suggestions... pass them our way!! 




 

7 comments:

Jess said...

Picking names can be hard! I had a cousin who didn't name their youngest for a YEAR, they just called him baby. The ironic thing is that he was the youngest of 9, and they still never got his name right when they called him.

Good luck with the name picking, and turn on that a/c whenever you feel like it, pregnancy gives you a trump card for things like that.

Em said...

Agh, the constant struggle of heat and names!!!

Mikaela said...

HAHAHa , Keri, this post killed me. My sons name actually WAS a joke, and then I told Dan I liked it. Three weeks before I had him we still hadn't agreed (I agree boy names are impossible and Dan was the same way about not using a name that we knew anyone with, so frustrating!!) Finally Dan just said I could pick the first name if he could pick the middle name, hence my poor kid has a rediculous name to live up to. Good luck!!

Lisa R said...

ah the great name debate! Well I totally bypassed that discussion on the first kid. His name was in stone before I was even married. LOL
So...the second time around was a whole new ball game! Niels and I hardly agreed on anything and it wasn't until we were in the delivery room that we finally picked his name for sure. We had it narrowed down to 2 names, but didn't pick it until the last minute. But I told Niels as we were in the hospital that I wasn't going to have the kid and have no name, so there it was!
Good luck finding a name. I'd pass on some suggestions but you know me, I like the ones your hubby thinks are "wacky." LOL

Alex said...

we had it narrowed to 2, and the next morning before people started to arrive I said we needed to decide, because people were going to come in asking! He is baby boy Houston on his id card from the OR! Poor guy, but he was only nameless about 7 or 8 hours... by the way, Benjamin Jack was the other name we had picked

Jules P Hansen said...

First of all Maddie is so stinkin cute. As for the heat, I remember all too well when I was pg with Cole going through the summer and our air conditioner was broken. We went on a ton of car rides and walks at the mall. So sorry.

Names are so hard but we are opposite. We have a ton of boy names we love and never could think of a girl name. I STRESSED for my whole pregnancy with Hallie. We would decide on a name (even once made the mistake of telling our families) and then would change it.

AT 38 weeks I couldn't handle it any more. I told Kevin, fine you decide. And that was it, burden gone. I had no idea what her name would be until he put her in my arms and said Hallie!

Just an option for ya, put the pressure on him...

Anonymous said...

How about Harry, after your great Uncle Harry, or Ian, I've always liked that name. Or Mason, after the Masons?