Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Independence Weekend
We had a jam packed, fun filled, Independence day weekend. We got up too early, ate too much, got too much sun and went to bed way too late. But we sure enjoyed our time together!
On Saturday morning we went to the Murray City Parade. It's sort of an unspoken tradition for us. I don't think we've missed it since we've been married. Grandpa and Grandma Reading get up nice and early and pick up bagels and pick a good spot for us all along the parade route. Last year Jeff ran in the 5K prior to the parade, but he didn't sign up on time this year and had to miss it. So we cheered for other family members that ran it instead.
I'm not really a huge parade fan. It seems like it's just mostly politicians these days driving around in some fancy convertible or what not. But it sure made it more fun this year watching Maddie get so excited about it. she danced her little heart as all the High School Marching bands marched by, and she yelled at the top of her little lungs for MORE CANDY! She came home with a pretty good sized back of treats.
After the parade we went home for Madison's nap and once she was up it was off to a BBQ at Gma and Gpa Readings. They got out there big water slide that Maddie has been waiting all year to play on. She had an absolute blast!
We then headed home to get the munchkin ready for bed and fireworks. She got to stay up late which she was pretty excited about, plus she had her cousins over, which she loves even more!
Sunday was a pretty low key day. We went to our new nephew Jace's baby blessing that afternoon and ended up spending most the day letting Maddie play with her cousins.
Jeff had work off on Monday, so we did a little yard work in the morning, had lunch and put Mads down for her nap. When she got up we headed up Little Cottonwood canyon with Gma and Gpa Reading and walked around Silver lake. I'm super mad that I forgot my camera! Maddie walked the whole way around the lake with her baby and stroller again. She is such a trooper! On the way home we stopped by our favorite mexican restaurant and had dinner. When we got home we played the rest of the night outside. Daddy got out the Lawn Mower and Wagon and took Mads for a ride.
It may not seem like a lot to do in a weekend, but I was sure tired. I can't wait until the 24th when we get to do it all over again! We have a fun camping trip planned and then a big Dransfield family reunion. I sure do LOVE July!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I Need to find the motivation to go to the parade net year. I know brennan would love it.
Oh my gosh, I want to go on that slide!
That is a ton to fit into 3 days- Maddie is so cute in her red,white & blue skirt. I just don't have it in me to go to the parades, too hot, too long and too many non-float cars in them now
Post a Comment