I'm a little late getting pictures up because of computer problems, but here they are finally. Maddie turned two on the 14th! I can't believe she is getting so big!
I decided to be somewhat creative and try my hand at cake decorating. I'm proud of how it turned out considering I broke the cake in four pieces trying to get it out of the pan.
We had a low key party this year. We are trying to fill in some patches of grass that we killed off last year with new grass, so our back yard is quite "Spotty". I didn't want to worry about asking everyone to be careful where they step and worry about kids running all over the baby grass, so we opted to take Maddie out to dinner with the family members that could go and come back to our house for cake, ice cream and presents.
She had a great time being spoiled for the day. She loves to sing Happy Birthday and she walked around all day saying "Happy Birthday to me!" She got some fun presents from Grandparents and she got spoiled from us. It was fun watching her open her birthday presents, since it was the first time that she was actually understood the excitement of it. She even wanted to have her little cousin Natalie help her.
Her main present from mom and dad was a Furreal Kitty. She absolutely loves cats so we opted to get her a robotic one that doesn't shed or require any clean up. She loves it and she carried it around for the first couple days after her birthday. But for some strange reason, she still seems to like REAL kittys a little better ;-). Though I'm sure those REAL kittys wish she would forget all about them. She is quite the mauler of critters.
Anyway, her birthday was great. She woke right up the next morning and ran out to the living room to play with her new toys and life went on. But one thing is for sure.... We are sure glad this little two year old is in our family. She brings us more happiness then we ever imagined. We sure do love our little munchkin!
4 comments:
Great job on the cake Keri! She is super cute- I hope her robot kitty is a good enough surrogate pet for a long while.
Wow she is getting big. Its only been like 3 weeks since I have seen you guys. Looks like a fun party. Next year you can make Aydens cake!! Nice work!! Take care of that cute 2 year old.
Awwww, so sweet! I can't believe she is already 2yo! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MADDIE!! :)
what a cute idea for a cake.
Post a Comment