Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring has Sprung

Or so I thought. My tulips and daffodils are coming up in my back yard, which really made me excited. Then I woke up this morning. 3 INCHES OF SNOW! I'm so not happy about that! But, at least it will melt fast this time of year. Don't worry, I wont stay mad for long.
I've been so lazy at blogging. I have a camera full of fun pictures to load and for some strange reason, I keep putting off doing it.
I got out my Easter decorations (The very few I have) for the first time in about 4 years. I have this cute little Easter Bunny Village that Mads has taken a liking to. Let's just say, that if those little bunnies were alive, then Maddie would be that horrible monster that comes and destroys their little town and the beloved villagers. There are now a few bunnies sitting on the window seal with the hopes that the glue will dry and they will once again have ears. But I can't say as I blame her for wanting to play with it. Who wouldn't want to play with those cute little bunnies fishing in the pond and playing in the tree house?? If their village survives her destruction this year, I think I'm going to either have to find a high shelf to put it up on, or it will have to go in to hibernation until all our kids are at least pre-teen.
I can't believe that my little monster is almost 2 already! She is growing up so fast. She is starting to put her words together and will now say "Mommy funny" (She has a good sense of humor) or " I got you!" and other fun things like that.
She still has a swinging addiction and on warm days we spend a good hour or two on that little yellow swing. She also thinks it's really funny if I get hurt. Is that normal? She has taken to wearing my Bra's around the house on occasion. Not too sure what is so cool about those things, but...whatever.
She still loves Elmo. Thomas is not quite as popular as before, but McQueen is very in at the moment, Nemo also. She always asks for McQueen underwear when we go to the store. She has no idea what underwear are for, she just likes the character on them. The other day she had to wear a swim diaper around the house just because Nemo was on it. That little one definitely has a mind of her own!
She still enjoys going to Nannys to walk and brush Cricket. We definitely got lucky with those ponies to have the temperaments they do. We had some of Maddies friends over the other day and all three kids were running all around them, pulling them all over the place, hanging all over them and what troopers they were. Sometimes I wonder if they sense when really little kids are around them, because if Me or my mom take Cricket on a walk without kids, she can be a little monster!
Right now Maddie is OBSESSED with a song called "Radiation Vibe" by the 90's band "Fountains of Wayne". She wants to listen to it over and over again and when the next track comes on she comes to get me to change it back to "Shine On" (this is what she calls it). It's pretty cute. She LOVES music!!

I'd better wrap this up, but I will try to get some pictures loaded this weekend. Maybe by mid next week I might have them up on here.
Peace out!

3 comments:

Karissa said...

Maddie is so dang cute. I can't believe she is talking, Aydens got awhile before that happens!!

Lisa R said...

Well maybe spring has sprung there, but I am hoping it will get warmer here, for good, I don't think there is any more white stuff in our future, but after this winter who knows?
Maddie sounds like a little character. Seriously, when are you going to buy a ticket and come visit me?
Before she turns 3, ya know, she can sit on your lap!
I just have to keep hounding you about that cause I think you would have fun out here!
:)

Jess said...

I think it's so funny that she loves that song- I totally remember that one from back in the day. and I'm also glad the snow won't be sticking any more- I'm so ready for spring to be here and stay.