Wow, is Christmas really next week? Where on earth did December go? I'm soooooo not ready for the big day yet. Still have gifts to wrap, things to get, treats to make. I've been working on our neighbor treats for the past few days. But it seems that once I get almost done, I have to start all over again because we eat them all. I think I'll have an extra 50 lbs by the time we are done with this month! I have all these things I want to do, but seem to have fallen in a funk and can't pull myself out of the house.
Our Christmas will be a low key one this year, thanks to unexpected hospital bills and insurance deductibles. Of course it would have to be at the end of the year. So typical!
I'm taking Maddie to have pictures taken with Santa this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have some to post. And hopefully she will behave. We took her to our Ward Christmas party a couple weeks ago where she got to meet Santa. She LOVED him. Which really surprised us, because usually when we are around other people we have to pry her off our legs. But yes, she basically hyperventilated while waiting in line for her turn. Jeff ended up having to take her out of line so she could watch him while I stood in line for her.She talked about him the rest of the night and was still muttering his name as she dozed off to sleep. So I'm really hoping she will be as happy about it today, but I'm not holding my breath. This kid has a mind of her own.
She is really loving this Christmas season. She loves all the decoration and though we've had a couple broken decorations due to her lovingness, it's been far fewer than I had anticipated. She LOVES to look at all the Christmas lights on trees and houses. Next year we will have to get on the ball faster and put them on our own house.
It's been cold here. Way too cold for my blood. I'm hoping that one day we can really rake in the dough and spend the rest of our Christmas's in some tropical getaway. Fiji sounds just dandy to me right now. Unfortunately, I don't think that's in the cards for us in this life time, but hey... a girls gotta dream right?
I've got a lot of pictures that I need to upload, but that will have to wait for another day. Hopefully before Christmas. But don't hold your breath ;0)
1 comment:
seriously, i can't believe it's almost here! i didn't even do christmas gifts this year, and i'm still not ready. i can't find the motivation to bake, and i need to do sean's stocking. apparently santa only comes to my parent's house in california.
Post a Comment