Monday, November 9, 2009

Tears for a broken heart

On Saturday afternoon, Maddie and I went to a baby shower for a good friend of mine that I've known since childhood. My friend Laura and her husband were expecting their first baby January 1st. At the shower they were glowing. They were so excited and talked so fondly of this little baby they are having. About her name, about how it came about. It was touching. I left with a happy feeling. So excited that they were going to feel the joy so soon of being parents. There's nothing like it, if you ask me.
Last night, I got word from a member of her family that Laura miscarried that night. She delivered her baby yesterday. They say that all of the amniotic fluid was gone and the baby could not survive. It was a blow to me! It hit me hard. I cried for her. What devastation to lose her baby, not only at 32 weeks along, but the NIGHT OF HER BABY SHOWER! On such a happy day. I can't even imagine what pain they must be feeling right now. I can't even begin to think. I just know how much I love my child, and that they loved theirs that much. Please keep my good friend in your prayers.

1 comment:

Emily and Steve said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. My heart aches for her too! What a sad situation. :( Hopefully they were able to have someone from the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep Foundation come and take some pictures of their little one so they can always remember her features, her tiny hands, her tiny feet, her precious little life.