Friday, September 11, 2009

Where were you when the world stopped turning?


When I left for work this morning I noticed that all the flags were out in the neighborhood. I had forgoten the date and had to strain my brain to think of what holiday it was.
Then I remembered. Then the flood of memories came back to me.
9/11. A day I will never forget. A day that no American will ever forget. A day that our dear country was violated. A day that our men and woman, not only of America, but of the world, were unknowingly giving their lives for the sake of freedom.
Where were you when the world stopped turning, on that September day?
I was sleeping safely in my bed. I remember my mom coming and knocking on my door. "Keri a plane just hit the world trade center in NY, come upstairs, quick! "
We sat memorized by that scene. replaying over and over. Then it happened... another plane flew in to the tower. That was when we knew that this was no accident. I can't tell you how hard it was to tear myself away from the TV that morning to go to work. I've never had a more dead day at work. We sat and watched the TV all day. We watched as two more planes took the lives of innocent people. We watched as the towers crumbled. As more lives were lost. We watched the world stop turning. What a horrible dreadful day.
I remember the next two anniversary's of that day. It rained here. The heavens were opened and the earth cried for all the brave people that were lost.
My thoughts and prayers are with those people that gave their lives that day. And also for the people that shared their lives with those and are having to continue without them.
God bless America.

No comments: