We wanted to stay at Mirror Lake, but it was a little short notice and that place fills up REALLY fast. So I opted for the Lost Creek campground. It was awesome! We had a huge space that Maddie could explore. And it was unbelievably beautiful!
When we left on Friday night, we didn't get up there until around 8:30- 9:00 PM. Mads goes to bed at 7:00, so she had fallen asleep in the truck. We got up there, set up the trailer and got her up to change her in to her P.J's so she could go back to bed.... Bad move. She screamed bloody murder until AT LEAST 1:30 AM. It was awful! I'm sure the whole campground could hear her.
My brother and his wife were in a tent 40 feet from the trailer, and I'm sure they were thanking the lord for not accepting my offer to sleep in the trailer. We were even debating on just loading up and going home right that instant. But finally she screamed herself to sleep and woke up the next morning (at 7:00 STILL) and found out where she was. Seriously, I've never see a kid more in her element. She'd live outside if we'd let her.
We had a GREAT time and didn't really want to come home (except for the sleeping part, Mads really needs her crib).
Here are some pictures of our weekend.
Mads playing in our back yard.

who wouldn't want a back yard like that!

We hiked to Fehr Lake. It's a short hike and the scenery is absolutely amazing!


Our little munchkin hanging out in the truck.

My brother Jay and his wife Jill. They were kind enough to put up with us for a day. Thanks guys!

Mads playing at Mirror Lake.

The water was freezing! Do you think she cared???

Our neighbor gave us this stroller for Mads before we left. It was a great thing to take along. It was her favorite thing to do when we were at camp.

On the way home we stopped at the Provo River Falls. I can't believe that I've been to the High Unita's a zillion times in my life time and I've never stopped at the waterfalls. They are gorgeous!


except Mads cried the whole time because we wouldn't let her in the water.
Probably wouldn't have been good.

If you live in the SL valley or even out of it and have never been to the High Uinta's, you are missing out. It's only a couple hours away and would be a great day trip even. Go, I dare you. You wont regret it!
We will for sure be making it a tradition for our family to go once or twice a year.
Let me know if you want to come next year :)
5 comments:
It was a lot of fun. Thanks for inviting us. Sorry we had to leave so early. We want to go next year and we will have to stop at Provo Falls.
ok, you guys are so brave to keep taking her camping! i told sean no camping until all babies were 2 and i was not pregnant, haha, i think it'll be awhile. oh, and we have to have a camper b/c i don't do tents anymore. sounds so snobby, but let's be honest. once you've camped with a camper that has a bed, kitchen, and an indoor potty, how can you go back?!
Seriously how could anybody not absolutely Lu-huv to camp. I'm super stinkin glad that you guys got to go out this summer. Too dang bad it is drawing to a close. Dammit I won't go down without a fight. I'll camp in the snow if I must! Because not only do they have beds, a kitchen and an indoor potty, they also have heaters!
WOW Keri! How pretty it was there! Looks like you had a great time! Sure makes me wish we lived in Utah again, all that beautiful camping so close! We tried to go Labor Day weekend but didn't get reservations quick enough, everything was full! So we are going in October, so it is going to be chilly!
I can't believe how much Maddie has grown! WOW!
Post a Comment